Pernod Ricard has established itself as number one in the premium segment and co-leader in the Wines & Spirits sector operating through over 80 affiliates and 70 countries worldwide. Pernod Ricard Winemakers is the premium wine division of Pernod Ricard and boasts one of the world’s most diverse portfolios of premium wines such as Jacob’s Creek in Australia, Brancott Estate in New Zealand, Campo Viejo from Spain, Graffigna in Argentina, Helen Mountain from China and Kenwood Vineyards & Mumm Napa in California.
At Pernod Ricard Winemakers we offer you a purpose, a place to explore your potential, to grow, think, dream and create. We embrace diversity, reward imagination and create change. We listen to the needs of our employees and create an environment that helps you thrive
Performs all routine chemical, physical and microbiological analyses to monitor product quality from grape through bottling of the finished wine.
This job description is designed to outline the essential functions of the position, but is not intended to be all inclusive.
• Samples juices, fermenting musts and wines from analysis and tasting.
• Performs all routine wet chemical/physical analyses on grapes, fermenting musts and wines during harvest, bottling and storage.
• Types of analysis include free and total SO2, TA, pH, VA.
• Performs bench trials for blending, fining and additions.
• Performs daily monitoring of fermentations and determines when nutrient additions should be made based on fermentation process.
• Performs routine analyses to assure wine meets legal and quality requirements.
• Check integrity of package throughout operation of bottling line.
• Monitors bottles samples to assure wine quality.
• Maintains clear, concise and accessible records of all data for juices, wines, microbiological work and bottling samples.
• Inputs wine/juice analysis into “Winemaker’s Database program.
• Recognizes and resolves any discrepancies in data.
• Orders laboratory supplies when necessary.
• Maintains lab in a clean and orderly state.
• Must respect all winery safety regulations pertaining to the use of chemicals.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• 21 years of age
• Strong chemistry skills required to run analysis.
• Must have prior experience sufficient to recognize potential problems that require solutions to be found at a higher level.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills desired.
• Must be highly organized and able to multi-task multiple projects.
• Ability to work as a team with all winery employees.
• Ability to work flexible shifts and long hours.
Physical Demands and Work Conditions:
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Work is repetitious in nature with a high demand for speed, accuracy and precision.
• Ability to work irregular shifts and long hours during grape harvest.