The Shipping Assistant supports the company's mission of delivering superior customer service by ensuring accurate, on-time, and cost-effective shipment of wine, merchandise, and POS (Point-of-Sale) materials.
Essential Job Duties:
Duty/Responsibility Time Spent
1. Direct Shipment 40%
Assume primary responsibility for all direct (from tasting room and club) shipment of wine, merchandise, and POS materials
2. NVL Shipment 30%
Provide day-to-day oversight of all NVL (New Vine Logistics) shipments
Provide NVL with by-monthly compliance reports for TR shipments.
3. POS Shipment 20%
On an "as needed" basis, support the sales organization by accommodating requests for the shipment of POS materials
4. Purchasing & Inventory Control 5%
Order and purchase shipping materials (wine shipment boxes, inserts, etc.). Track inventory and arrange transfer of inventory (to and from NVL), to meet ongoing direct and NVL orders for wine shipment.
5. Tasting Room Miscellaneous Support 5%
Be available for shipping support for the tasting rooms and for other miscellaneous tasks as required
Responsible for the ordering of tasting room shipping supplies
No direct supervisory responsibilities are required, but the ability to work well with others in a team environment, and to secure assistance as required in order to meet deadlines and perform all job functions is essential
• High School Education
• Computer literate: including mastery of Microsoft Office/Excel
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, communicated effectively in English
• The ability to lift and carry 50 lbs; squat, bend, twist and be on feet for long periods at a time
• Ability to safely operate a forklift. Certification a plus.