Five Grapes, LLC, a leading wine importer and distributor, is seeking a qualified sales manager based in the greater Washington, DC area.
This position is designed for an experienced sales manager or an ambitious sales representative who is ready for the next step. There is significant growth opportunity and a supportive home office in the region. Relationship building and time management will be critical to the success of this role. The ideal candidate is highly familiar with the local market, has a successful background in wine and spirits sales and is respected by both key account buyers and peers.
We specialize in bringing distinctive wines from the world’s most prominent growing regions to restaurants, retailers and entertainment venues nationwide. Five Grapes offers a full range of wine selections, including back-vintage and collectibles, quality keg wines and highly desirable labels at every price point.
• Develop and sell to existing and new accounts within a large territory; Strong emphasis on opening new accounts while maintaining existing accounts both on and off premise
• Respond promptly to customer inquiries and business matters in a professional and knowledgeable manner
• Demonstrate consultative sales abilities through successful tastings, needs analysis and follow through
• Schedule and conduct wait staff training seminars, wine dinners and in-store tastings
• Recommend, create/design wine lists and wine by the glass programs utilizing full knowledge of portfolio
• Participate in ride-alongs with management and work-withs for visiting suppliers
• Work flexible hours to coincide with the buyer’s availability and demands of the business
• Submit customer orders and job-related reports in accordance with company policies
• Communicate effectively with management in regards to your accounts and leads
• Be present at sales meetings and lead regional sales staff in a supportive and effective manner
Division of Responsibilities
• Sales efforts within a prime territory- 75%
• Oversight of regional sales team (including training, sales support, and management)- 15%
• Travel- approx. 10%
• Minimum 3 years of industry wine sales experience.
• Comprehensive understanding of wine to include regions/varietals, product/food pairing techniques, basic production, and service
• Possess a reliable vehicle, a valid driver's license, proof of state registration and insurance and an acceptable driving record where needed.
• Lift and carry a 45+ pound case of product on a regular basis.
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Goal oriented, focused and assertive individual who can thrive with minimal supervision
Preference is given to candidates with wine certifications and/or previous management and wine sales experience.
Five Grapes offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, commissions, an expense allowance and comprehensive benefits.
No resumes will be accepted without a cover letter and only candidates who are being considered will be contacted. Thank you.