Martine's Wines is a national importer, wholesaler and distributor headquartered in Northern California and founded in 1979 by Martine Saunier. Our selective import portfolio is predominantly French and our wines and producers are internationally renowned. We have longevity in the California market and a proven track record with our brands. As a constantly growing fine wine distributor, we offer a well-rounded international portfolio that includes top wines from boutique Italian importer PortoVino as well as Australian, English, South African and Italian gems selected by Vine Street Imports.
Martine’s Wines is currently building a new sales team thought the state of California. We are seeking Sales Representatives in Northern California to cover the territory of the Peninsula down to Monterey.
The right candidate is a well-organized and highly self-motivated individual with a passion for fine wine, sales and service.
Responsibilities | Sales Representatives at Martine’s Wines:
• Sell high quality wines to on-premise and off-premise accounts throughout the territory and visit 30+ accounts per week.
• Work closely with the Director of Sales and fellow sales team to achieve & exceed sales goals.
• Maintain excellent and lasting customer relationships.
• Provide the highest levels of thoughtful and thorough customer service.
• Develop extensive knowledge of our portfolio and products.
• Seek out new business relationships and open new accounts throughout the territory.
• Organize and host wine tastings, dinners and events for trade and consumers.
• Assist with supplier visits; including educational presentations, work-withs, tastings, dinners, etc.
• Stay current on industry trends and engage with the local wine community.
Requirements | Candidates must:
• Be able to document successful sales experience in previous jobs or demonstrate a sharp understanding of the critical principles of sales.
• Come with an understanding of grapes, regions and winemaking techniques and a curiosity and passion for always learning more.
• Maintain high standards of professionalism, excellent communication and strong organizational skills.
• Be driven, self-motivated, perseverant, genuine and enthusiastic.
• Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced and positive work environment.
• Be well versed in Microsoft office and proficient with online applications.
• Be capable of lifting 40+ lbs on an ongoing basis.
• Have a vehicle and valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
Compensation & Benefits | Employees of Martine’s Wines earn:
• Competitive salary and commission that is commensurate with experience, qualifications and results.
• Employer-sponsored medical, employee-sponsored dental/vision/401k programs; expense allowance; paid cell phone; paid holidays and vacation.
If you meet these requirements and would like to be a part of one of the most distinguished and dynamic wine companies with a growing portfolio of some of the world’s best wines, please apply.
We look forward to hearing from you!