JOB DESCRIPTION: The Accounting Manager is responsible for ensuring the integrity of financial reports, and analyzing and summarizing the Company’s financial results. In support of the CFO, the Accounting Manager must be diligent in reviewing and reporting all aspects of operations in order to provide management with effective measurement tools. The position involves supervision of the Accounting Department personnel in the daily operation that includes resolving daily operating problems that impact the company financially and alerting the CFO of any issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Reviews all financial reports for accuracy and consistency.
• Ensures that all financial reports are complete and submitted in a timely manner.
• Ensures that proper GAAP accounting standards are being practiced.
• Stays current on financial reporting issues.
• Month-End closing; preparation or review of monthly closing accruals.
• Meet with departmental managers to review financial performance, identify problems and opportunities.
• Assists in budget preparation and analysis.
• Analyzes Income Statement and Balance Sheet items.
• Supervises accounting personnel including guidance, training of the accounting staff.
• Oversees inventory management with other related department Managers.
• Responsible for developing and implementing training programs for all departmental employees, including cross training of positions.
• Makes recommendation of efficiency within the department.
• Provides performance management and processes annual reviews.
• Ensures that appropriate financial controls exist.
• Projects cash requirements and monitors cash receipts and cash disbursements.
• Ensures that all Balance Sheet accounts are reconciled or reviewed on a monthly basis.
• Works with outside independent auditors to coordinate annual audit reviews and preparation of Company financial statements.
• Four year undergraduate degree in accounting and/or finance.
• Must have solid accounting theory background and ability to apply GAAP.
• Must possess at least 3-5 years’ experience in supervision and management of accounting staff.
• Wine industry experience is preferred.
• Requires strong PC computer literacy skills.
• QuickBooks experience is a plus.
• Requires strong interpersonal skills and an intense desire to work as a team member.
• Positive attitude and excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Must be able to work with little direct supervision of accounting matters and must know how to set priorities to meet deadlines.
• Must be accurate, detail oriented and possess neat work habits.
• Must have initiative, enthusiasm and self-motivation.
• Must be flexible with new ideas.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• While performing the duties of this job, regularly required to have good manual dexterity to handle, grasp, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms.
• Required to stand, walk, sit, climb or drive. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
• Working conditions are normal for an office environment; Role requires extensive use of a computer.
• Full-time, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
• Works at Regusci Winery in Napa, California.
• Will be required to work nights and/or weekends.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. (case of wine).
• Must be 21 years of age or older.
• Benefits package available.
• Salary of up to $90,000.00 DOE.
We expect this position to effectively collaborate and work independently, be creative and take ownership. Our company is committed to the growth of the individual in this position and will provide resources and training towards the improvement in skillset and experience. Initiative, while supervised, will be rewarded and may lead to greater opportunities within the company.