A family-owned award-winning producer of premium Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Zinfandel, is seeking a wine professional to support daily operations of our tasting room. This is a sales-focused position that includes hosting guests and selling wine in the tasting room as well as some responsibility for the wine club. Works with and reports to the Tasting Room Manager. Candidate will enhance the winery's good neighbor approach.
This position is part-time seasonal (approx. March 15 – Dec. 1).
• Participate in all elements of the tasting room processes including sales, wine club, guest engagement, staffing, inventory tracking, appointments, hospitality and customer service.
• Meet sales volume, profitability and net income objectives.
• Help organize wine club pick-ups and releases.
• Help coordinate and manage wine club communications, requests and events.
• Conduct vineyard tours and brand ambassadorship - tell brand story.
• Represent winery at select public and industry events in the Bay Area.
• Assist in maintaining tasting room and wine club metrics.
• Ensure highest level of guest care; e.g. requests are immediately managed and shipments are sent within 24 hours, tracking of shipments, handling special requests, writing thank you notes, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Your position requires you to have a willingness to work in a professional hospitality-oriented wine tasting room organization intent on delivering the highest quality “concierge-style” service with customers, e.g., making restaurant reservations, special deliveries, etc.
• Must have an extroverted proactive “can do” professional, friendly and positive attitude – someone that is a “People Person” that likes to tell stories.
• Positive attributes include previous experience in hospitality, e.g. have waited tables or been a host, hostess or bartender in restaurants; love of wine and the wine world; have contacts in restaurants; or have worked in hotels in various positions.
• You are performance oriented and open to 360 degree feedback.
• Well read on, or willing to learn, hospitality theory and marketing best practices.
• A minimum of two years experience in hospitality preferred.
• Proven skills in sales.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively and professionally communicate work with partners.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a proactively diverse and inclusive organization.
• Ability to think on feet and make adjustments as needed.
• Excellent and proven interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to cope with conflict, stress and crisis situations.
• Ability to communicate directly with wine club members.
• Manage relationship with multiple shippers.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced tasting room setting.
• Proficiency with office computer equipment and software.
• Proficiency in Excel, Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, TripAdvisor, and Instagram with excellent demonstrable written and interpersonal communications skills. This candidate is communication-centered, "smiles" on the phone, is text-centric and responds to e-mails quickly.
• Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
• 16 hours per week in the seasonal tasting room (mid-March – late December).
• If hired there is a non-disclosure agreement requirement.
References will be required. Please send your cover letter (acknowledge in your message that this position is March through December), resume and salary requirements. Submissions missing any of the requested information will not be considered. Thank you.