Aviva Vino is an established importer and distributor based in the New York, New Jersey area, with a growing book of international wines. Founded in 2009, Aviva Vino began with a core of family-owned Spanish wineries, with presence in 40-Plus Countries worldwide. Since, we’ve grown our offerings to have an increased focus on Italian, Argentine, Chilean and Domestic wineries.
We are looking for 1 to 2 NEW Sales Consultants in the New York, New Jersey area, with existing contacts.
- A Self-Starter, who can organize and prioritize the day, both alone or with a sales manager or supplier.
- To build upon the existing territory by supporting the customer, as well as targeting monthly goals. Ideally opening between 1 – 2 Solid accounts per month, or at least laying the proper groundwork.
- A Representative of themselves, the company, and the wineries they represent.
- A knowledgeable sales consultant with a thirst for learning and teaching.
- Consultants that have at least Two-Year’s experience in the Food and Wine industry, preferably in Wine and/or Spirits Wholesale in the NY|NJ area.
- To identify new leads, and to secure new accounts pre-opening.
- An experienced individual that doesn’t just ‘press play’ in their sales pitch, identifying the difference between retail accounts and restaurants.
- A sales representative that is not jaded, and willing to help with or initiate wine tastings, dinners and education seminars.
- Confidence, Professionalism, Salesmanship, Organization, Individuality and Desire.
- A strong willed individual who is willing to voice opinions, ideas, and collaboration.
- Consultants willing to push beyond the ‘9-5’ – willing to work mornings, weekends and weeknights as necessary to both service their customer and organize their routes.
- A well-spoken, demonstrative individual with the ability to engage, excite, and educate without preaching or losing the opportunity at a sale.
- A Closer.
Required Skills and/or Abilities
- Street smarts and adequate sales experience.
- Applicant should reside in, or near given territory, or within reasonable travel distance.
- Computer and Phone literacy. Including Text, Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint or applicable programs.
- At least two years of industry experience.
- The ability to listen, learn, take criticism, and grow from mistakes.
- To think critically, and to be clear and concise in both internal and external communication.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Will to grow, to strive to be better every day. The hunger to continue and beat goals and what is expected of you.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, if territory needs a car.
- Must pass a background check.
- Must be able to pick up, hold, lift and carry a 40 lb. case of wine.
- Must be able to stand, or walk for extensive periods of time.
- Must speak English, Spanish fluency a plus.