Mendocino Wine Company and Parducci Wine Cellars, a family owned winery located in Ukiah, is seeking an experienced wine sales professional to join our team. Parducci Wine Cellars is Mendocino County’s oldest winery, producing legendary wine – expressing both varietal character and terroir – for 85 years. Our Southeast Division Sales Manager will focus on multi-brand wine sales in the region including Florida, Virginia, DC, North Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, Maryland, South Carolina, and West Virginia. Prior experience working with SGWS FLA, RNDC, Breakthru Beverage, and Empire a plus. Publix, Harris Teeter, Costco, Winn Dixie, ABC and other retail chains preferred.
The ideal candidate will be based in the south Florida area, able to travel frequently, and possess the following experience, skills, and sales abilities:
• Manage the southeast division to achieve Company’s annual net contribution to income goal
• Call directly on key retail and on premise accounts to achieve distribution levels in the areas of shelf space, features and displays, wine by-the-glass, wine list placement etc.
• Attend sales calls with distributor sales team and managers 30-40% of your time
• Participate in monthly team meetings in Florida
• Participate in quarterly team meetings in Georgia, North Carolina, Virginia and Alabama
• Travel approximately 50% of time. Those weeks require fly in Monday for distributor manager meetings, field sales Tuesday through Thursday, and sales meetings on Fridays
• Present territory position on Company’s monthly conference calls, discuss market conditions
• Call on all key Chains in conjunction with the VP of National Sales, or independently. Monitor Chains with pricing surveys, identify shelf and display opportunities
• Educate and motivate distributor management and their sales force to execute on all company programs and achieve company desired sales and distribution goals
• Manage the southeast region’s expenditures to ensure spending is within budget
• Ensure distributor inventory levels are available to properly service the market and avoid out-of-stocks; plan for sufficient lead-times to maximize program execution
• Prepare and execute monthly and annual business reviews with distributor management. Request and manage monthly quotas and create and manage incentive programs
• Represent Mendocino Wine Company brands at trade events (retail and/or consumer) such as tasting events, shows, wine-tasting dinners etc.
• Participate in “crew drives” in markets outside the primary area, as needed
• Ensure that promotional and point-of-sale material are ordered in a timely manner, in sufficient quantity, and used effectively
• Ensure that all activities are conducted within the State and Federal laws
SKILLS and ATTRIBUTES:
• Must possess good judgment, common sense, and able to make sound decisions
• Must be self-motivated, able to work with minimal or no supervision and handle a diverse, heavy workload on a daily basis
• Must exhibit strong sales abilities, and excellent organizational skills
• Must have excellent public speaking and computer skills not limited to but most importantly Excel (formula/functions) and Power Point programs
• Must be able to communicate effectively and expeditiously, in both oral and written form
• Must be an excellent trouble-shooter, able to assess situations and take appropriate action expediently
• Qualified candidates will have previous experience selling to Distributors, Chains, General Market and On-premise accounts
• Must have comprehensive knowledge of wine and wine making, conditions impacting the premium wine industry, restaurant and retail sales trends and needs, and a keen knowledge of competitors’ profiles
• Strong familiarity with wine distribution operating systems is necessary
• Must be thoroughly acquainted with alcoholic beverage laws and statutes for the territory and ensure compliance in all business practices and dealings
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree is required. Must have 5-10 years distributor sales management experience.
A valid California Driver’s License is required. Candidate must be willing to travel frequently (50% of the time) within the sales region.
We offer competitive compensation and a full benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Long Term Disability coverage, 401(k) Plan with employer match, PTO, paid holidays, and more!