Wine Sales Representative, WINC-Direct Northern California
WINC-Direct is currently seeking experienced and fiercely competitive Wine Salespeople in the Bay Area (East Bay, SF, Peninsula, South Bay) to represent our extensive and diverse portfolio of small-lot wines. We are an innovative wine company that strives to bring customers and winemakers together through direct-to-business distribution in California. This is a unique opportunity for a talented and driven individual to be a part of a fast-growing start up in the wine space. The right candidate will cultivate a territory in Northern CA using cutting edge technology, drive, passion and experience, coupled with our killer portfolio. This position will report to the Director of Sales based in Los Angeles.
As our Wine Sales Representative, you will…
- Call on independent accounts to give successful presentations for decision-making buyers that result in the sales of wine
- Meet and exceed goal expectations while effectively selling the WINC portfolio and fulfilling designated account run management objectives
- Use data through our CRM and company generated KPIs to make the best business decisions and grow your business thoughtfully and meaningfully.
- Plan and execute a daily schedule of sales calls per a pre-determined account run, 5 days per week
- Have fun and sell insane amounts of wine to the top independent accounts in the Bay Area
- Improve the marketability of WINC products through by-the-glass placement, display positioning, concept selling and price point management
- Effectively plan on a daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly basis in relation to achieving sales goals
- Make our customers really, really, ridiculously delighted
- Report on issues related to the competitive market and offer constructive suggestions
- Perform all job duties in a professional manner and promote WINC’s Core Values
- Always question the status quo (one of our Core Values)
- Fearlessly COLD-CALL!
If you’re the ideal candidate, you…
- Have prior wine sales or Sommelier experience in restaurants or wine retail with geographic knowledge and account relationships in Northern CA. If you love wine but have been working as a professional ice sculptor in Dutch Harbor, Alaska with no industry contacts in NCA, this is probably not the job for you. (For the record, we love ice sculptures and King Crab)
- Are truly passionate about selling and have specific knowledge of how to sell wine
- Have a high level of wine knowledge
- Have a proven track record of excellently managing complex customer relationships and will go the extra mile for your customers
- Can naturally (and successfully) influence and negotiate others
- Constantly seek out new ideas, keep up with industry trends, and thrive on being one step ahead of the game
- Are excited to be part of an entrepreneurial, collaborative and growing organization
- Optional but not required: the ability to saber a bottle of Champagne
Compensation includes competitive salary (based on experience) with above-industry standard commission rates, bonuses, health insurance ,stock options and T&E.