Deutsch Family Wine and Spirits is currently seeking a Master Blender / Production Manager for the Redemption, Bib & Tucker and Masterson’s whiskey brands reporting to the Head of Production.
The Master Blender / Production Manager will be fully responsible for production management and whiskey blending, with the key responsibilities as outlined below:
• Ensure all production elements, quality and demand schedules are achieved.
• Represent the Redemption brand as the Master Blender in the market place, supporting trade, retail and public relations as the face of Redemption, including travel and market visits with an estimated 25% of the positions time.
• Work with the Purchasing Manager to ensure that all packaging supplies are available, in specification and scheduled in a timely fashion for bottling.
• Working with brand management to ensure alignment between whiskey sourcing and brand profile.
• Source and evaluate whiskeys (both domestic and international) for suitability for associated programs.
• Work with our senior consultant to ensure industry best practices and traditions and managed.
• Negotiate pricing for whiskey as necessary for associated programs.
• Ensure whiskey blend profiles are maintained and are consistent with each brands equity and quality standards.
• Working with supply chain to ensure long term whiskey supply and production planning is managed to support depletion needs.
• Undertake and develop innovative blends that stamps and expands upon Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits’ position as a major player in the whiskey category.
• Manage custom service providers, co-packers and whiskey supply partners to ensure absolute quality is achieved for the whiskey blends and the packaging of the finished product.
• Provide technical expertise to support our supply partners existing skill set.
The successful applicant will have the following competencies:
• 5+ years of whiskey blending and production management experience.
• Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced working environment and the challenges of having to exceed deadlines and targets.
• Strong interpersonal skills who is comfortable with the trade and consumers as the face of the brands.
• A team player who enjoys solving problems and is solution orientated.
• Strong organizational and negotiation skills and a proven ability to plan ahead and prioritize workload.
• A passion for delivering excellence in a cost-effective way.
• Comfortable in a corporate yet artistic environment.