Davis Estates is seeking a dynamic individual to take on a hybrid roll of Assistant Hospitality Manager. This is a full-time salary position split between leading all events and hosting tastings appointments in the Tasting Room. As we position ourselves for growth in 2018 we need a can-do educator that understands how to provide exceptional hospitality and memorable guest experience’s. During the events, you are the Davis Estates ambassador to our guests, as well as the back of the house task master.
Event Lead Responsibilities
- Follow directions of the Davis Estates Director of Events and Membership to ensure the event is executed to the guest’s expectation.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to follow a BEO and manage a team of service staff.
- Oversee and assist in all tasks in areas related to event set up, clean up, and closing procedures, making certain that at all times the event venue is professional, safe, organized and clean.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills; must be comfortable in front of large and small audiences.
- Be the point person for any questions outside caterers/vendors may have during events.
- Have a working knowledge of winemaking, from vine to wine.
- Ensures event sales are recorded and wine counts are entered and completed.
- Ensure rental and winery equipment are in good condition and working order. Identify any equipment that needs to be repaired or replaced.
- Ensure safety of all employees and guests.
- Communicates any guest, operational, inventory, staff or facility-related issues to Director of Events
- Proactively identifies opportunities/challenges and suggests methods to improve event operations, efficiency and service levels to customers
Wine Educator Responsibilities
- Effectively selling our wines through engagement and development of relationships with our guest.
- Conducting each sale from bottle to delivery. This means overseeing the entire sales process including managing any issue that may arise.
- Acting as an ambassador for the entire Napa region, by developing knowledge of other wineries, local restaurants and experiences that our guest would request recommendations of.
- Anticipate guest needs and find ways to exceed guest expectations.
- Hosting educational tastings for all guest including Club Members, Trade and VIP’s from 1-40 people. Providing property tours.
- A friendly and sincere reception and farewell, using guest names when possible.
- Providing a clear presentation of the Wine Club features and benefits to our guest.
- Booking guest experiences via phone and email with accuracy and in a timely professional manner.
- Updating our POS with correct information and tracking customer shipments.
- Follow and execute on the opening and closing procedures.
- Maintaining wine inventory and organization within the Wine Storage Room and Tasting Room.
- Set up and breakdown of the glassware, plates, water and proper marketing materials.
- Bussing guest tables, buffing glassware and restocking materials as required.
- 2-3 years of experience in a proven wine sales/hospitality/events environment, preferably within the luxury brands market.
- Strong preference for individuals with wine credentials ie. Certified Sommelier, WSET Level 2, CSW
- Strong passion and knowledge of the relationship of wine and food and how to describe it to the guest.
- Proven sales track record with a strong ability to work within a small team environment.
- Genuine passion for building relationships with people, both guest and fellow team members.
- A willingness to help where help is needed.
- Working knowledge of POS programs, preferable ECellars
- Excellent communication skills, both over the phone, in person and written.
- A person that understands that details matter and pays close attention to managing the details of guest experience.
- Ability to speak in front of large groups with confidence and clarity.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to obtain and keep a food handlers card.
- Must agree to participate in random drug testing as required.
- Must be willing to go through a background check.
- Must be 21 years or older
- A valid California driver’s license.
- Continuous standing and carrying 50 lbs.; occasional climbing, twisting and fine manipulation; intermittent bending.
- Able to work in different environments from indoors, outdoors, and exposed to changing weather conditions
This is a Full-Time Salary Position
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, nights and weekends.