Job Summary: Working as part of a strong sales-oriented team, promote Elizabeth Spencer wines by providing an outstanding experience to every tasting room guest. Greeting and welcoming guests in person, by telephone and via electronic communications. Possess a positive and upbeat personality with a desire to deliver outstanding customer service to our guests. Ability to multi-task, be detail-oriented, and be able to problem solve in order to effectively deal with internal and external guests needs. As a brand ambassador, establish and increase goodwill toward Elizabeth Spencer wines in every customer interaction and in the community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Customer Service and Tasting Room Support:
• Greet guests and communicate tasting options and tasting format, assist and communicate with Elizabeth Spencer visitors in a genuine, friendly gracious and consistent manner.
• Serve as primary first and last contact for guests. Welcome guests as well as complete wine sales transactions as needed for TR colleagues.
• Coordinate flow of guests into the courtyard, directing them to the proper locations and communicating with TR team to ensure availability for all guests sent outside for tasting.
• Communicate relevant guest details to Tasting Room Wine Educator hosting group.
• Ensure that all tables are covered and assigned to a Tasting Room Wine Educator and assist in taking water and breadsticks or pouring wine as needed.
• Assist visitors by providing information about Elizabeth Spencer wines and, as needed, referrals to local tourist related establishments, restaurants that carry our wines and other wineries with complementary offerings and standards of service.
• Study and clearly articulate Elizabeth Spencer brand story positioning, the history of the Tasting Room at Rutherford, the biographies of Proprietors, etc.
• Coordinate and confirm all incoming guest reservation requests, via phone and email in a gracious, timely manner. Accurately input guest details on Tasting Room calendar.
• Responsible for scheduling of appointments to ensure that the flow is appropriate for the space restrictions of the tasting room.
• Host wine tastings as needed– in the Tasting Room, at events and select outside functions – that effectively convey key Elizabeth Spencer brand messages to guests.
• Adhere to the Elizabeth Spencer ‘steps of service,’ ensuring a delightful, seamless and engaging experience for every tasting room guest.
• Present wine club features and benefits in a genuine and compelling manner, encouraging signups, meeting target enrollment goals and help maintain long term loyalty to Elizabeth Spencer wines.
• Encourage TR team to track outreach receipts and guest contact information for DTC.
• Assist TR team with ringing up wine orders and tastings, pulling wine orders from the wall, assisting with collection of wine club shipment pickups.
• Restock merchandise and collateral materials as needed.
Skills: Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent public speaking and presentation skills and be comfortable in front of large and small audiences. Team player dedicated to providing exceptional customer service. Independently motivated to recognize and resolve issues as they arise.
Knowledge: Exhibit significant understanding, desire and ability to image, promote and sell the wines of Elizabeth Spencer.
Physical: Ability and desire to work extended hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays. Elizabeth Spencer Wines is open 364 days per year, closed only on Christmas Day. Capacity to work on feet for at least 8 hours per day. Ability to lift, move and stack forty pounds. Ability to work in various weather conditions.
Other: Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Other Desired Job Qualifications: Working knowledge of winemaking, viticulture, interest in food, cooking, wine and food pairing and awareness of restaurants having fine wine programs. Foreign language skills. Computer proficiency: Word, Excel, Outlook. Previous experience selling, marketing, public relations, restaurant/wine, and food experience. Familiarity with POS system software. Ability to work non-traditional business hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.