J. Lohr Vineyards & Wines is one of California’s leading family-owned and operated wineries, with sustainably farmed, estate vineyards in Paso Robles, Monterey and Napa Valley. We are looking for a self-motivated, high energy sales professional to join our national accounts, on premise team.
The Director of National Accounts, On Premise-East is responsible for achieving sales goals in targeted national account, on premise customers, ensuring that distributors and accounts understand the story and image of J. Lohr Vineyards & Wines and have the tools needed to deliver appropriate messaging and increase wine sales. The Director ensures that distributors’ national account teams and their account executives implement programs and strategies to meet overall sales goals in restaurant and hotel chains in the Eastern United States.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Exhibit the highest levels of respect, integrity, sincerity and professionalism in dealing with others.
• Works with the VP of US Sales; VP of National Accounts, On Premise; Regional Managers; Area Managers and Marketing team to develop and drive the sales plan for assigned national account customers.
• Consistently calls on assigned national account customers, locally and at headquarters, independently and with our distributor partners.
• Educates key national account customers on products and merchandising as well as the unique characteristics of J. Lohr wines, our estate vineyards, people, production. methods, sustainability initiatives and appellations, and how these fit into our competitive set.
• Communicates product knowledge, winery plans and priorities during work-withs, business planning and business reviews.
• Conducts Descriptor Seminars, trade tastings, wine symposiums and winery dinners.
• Ensures that retailers and distributor sales representatives can sell J. Lohr wines with confidence and have the tools they need to effectively represent J. Lohr in the marketplace
• Ensures that the national accounts on premise channel performs within all key financial benchmarks and budgets.
• Regularly reviews national account customer spending and programming, ensuring that all expenditures stay within assigned budgets and with appropriate return on investment.
• Consistently monitors and manages brand price structures and brand standards.
• Utilizes key informational tools, such as TradePulse, ad hoc reporting, Nielsen data and national distributor information to gain insight and understanding of the on premise channel of trade.
• Completes and maintains national account target lists, chain by chain preplans and prepares proactive strategies to successfully engage key customers with the J. Lohr portfolio.
• Communicates approved programs to distributor national account teams and assists in implementation. Tracks programs for effectiveness and proper return on investment.
• Communicates chain by chain annual plans and goals. Monitors performance and recommends corrective action as needed.
• Effectively manages distributor partners, maximizing overall portfolio participation with the trading customers. This will be done by planning, organizing key activities, regularly measuring market results and implementing corrective action.
• Attends customer conferences, customer supplier RFP meetings and activities that support the relationship and drive business.
• Bachelor’s degree (preferably in business, sales and marketing, or a related field).
• At least 8 years of experience in national sales, distributor sales management and experience with chains.
• Excellent relationships with major national and regional accounts is highly preferred.
• Experience with, and knowledge of, pricing and brand standards.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully achieve sales goals.
• Strong mathematical and analytical skills, and attention to detail are needed in order to understand revenues and expenses, budget and sales plan variances, and to suggest corrective action.
• Exemplary communication, influence and negotiation skills are required in order to work effectively with a variety of people, and foster teamwork.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, allowing the candidate to build presentations, sell sheets, and deliver and respond to detailed correspondence.
• Seasoned organization, reasoning, judgment and problem-solving skills are necessary in order to coordinate multiple projects, resolve problems, and represent J. Lohr.
• Knowledge and enjoyment of wine and wine culture, varietals, appellations, food pairings, etc.
• Participation in sales success training programs is highly desirable.
• Driver’s license with a driving record that is acceptable to the winery’s insurance carrier.
• Willingness to travel 50+% of the time.
• Ability to lift and carry 40 pounds.
• Residence near a major Eastern US airport.
About J. Lohr Vineyards & Wines:
Founded more than four decades ago by Jerry Lohr and still family owned and operated today, J. Lohr Vineyards & Wines crafts a full line of internationally recognized wines from its 3,700 acres of sustainably farmed estate vineyards in Paso Robles, Monterey County’s Arroyo Seco and Santa Lucia Highlands appellations, and St. Helena in the Napa Valley. Offering an expressive range of styles, J. Lohr produces five tiers of award-winning wines showcasing its estate fruit – J. Lohr Estates, J. Lohr Vineyard Series, J. Lohr Cuvée Series, J. Lohr Gesture, and J. Lohr Signature Cabernet Sauvignon.
The Lohr family and the J. Lohr family of employees are committed to honesty, excellence and service, with a respect for our employees, suppliers, customers, and the long term health of our company and the environment. We are also deeply committed to continuous improvement, transparency and giving back to the industry and community with leadership and financial support.
To learn more about J. Lohr, please visit www.jlohr.com.