Client Service Specialist (Fine & Rare Wine Sales)
Founded in 2003, Vinfolio fulfills the needs of fine wine enthusiasts worldwide. Vinfolio’s unique platform offers the fine wine consumer an ideal 360 degree solution to more enjoyably pursue their passion for drinking and cellaring the best wines of the world. Vinfolio buys and sells collectible fine wine; operates the only true full-service wine storage facility in the United States; and provides a cutting edge, purely web based, wine management software solution, Vincellar, which enables enthusiasts to actively manage their cellars. Additionally, Vinfolio's Marketplace is the first and only platform available in the USA for collector-to-collector wine sales.
Vinfolio is headquartered in San Francisco with a large storage facility in the Napa Valley. We are a licensed retailer, wholesaler, and importer but have no physical storefront. The Director of Client Services implements Vinfolio’s overall sales vision including managing our bi-coastal sales team. This is an exceptional opportunity in our San Francisco office for a seasoned professional with a strong background in selling private collections of fine and rare wines and managing a team of fine wine sales professionals.
Our ideal candidate:
• Has three to five years’ experience in high-end, collectible wine sales with a proven track record of meeting and exceeding quotas.
• Has a broad knowledge of fine and rare wine with industry certification a plus
• Can influence a collector’s purchasing decisions through educated, candid and personal wine advice.
• Must have the ability to interact with the world’s most savvy and discerning fine wine consumers
• Must be fluent in the relative strengths of vintages in both foreign and domestic wine regions.
• Is an excellent writer
• Has general computer proficiency with standard Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, and Excel) and Internet resources
• Has a high level of personal organization and self-initiative.
• Has a bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited four-year college or university
• Perform advisory and consultative wine and storage sales via email and phone to Vinfolio customers (including customers located internationally).
• Manage clients’ collections via providing when to sell and when to drink advice.
• Provide a high level of personal service to customers including proactive wine recommendations specific to their interests.
• Analyze inventory status reports and formulate compelling written offers to targeted customer base.
• Develop lasting consumer relationships with existing clients and newly created leads.
Compensation and benefits:
• We offer a very competitive compensation package and benefits program, including health, vision, dental, life insurance and 401(k).
• Ability to experience the finest wines in the world is unprecedented.