Career Opportunity- Established wine company is searching for a Area Manager-Southeast to join our team. The role can be based in Florida or Texas The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, a sense of urgency and the scale of ambition to grow our business in one of the top markets in the country!
The Area Manager would be responsible for the following:
• Lead, direct and manage distributors to achieve company's sales objectives
• Maintaining complete understanding of wholesale organization & operations
• Accountability for growth plan execution
• Achieve assigned distribution, sales, merchandising and profit goals
• Identify and execute National & Regional initiatives business development opportunities
• Increase company brands' penetration/presence in Major National/Regional targeted Off/On-premise accounts
• Maintaining and enhancing key account relations
• Establishing annual, quarterly, monthly distribution and promotion objectives
• Set State Goals that improve distribution, merchandising, promotion, market share, and profitability
• Sets account visit, accounts sold, placement goals
• Works closely with National Director to drive channel strategies and tactics
• Monitors competitive pricing
• Maintains Key Account Plans- annual, quarterly, monthly
• Works closely with distributor operations manager to maintain strong inventory position for all sizes
• Flawless execution of mission-critical programs according to annual calendar
• Provides on-going analysis/evaluation on distributor sales performance versus Budget; monitors retail prices, provides monthly reports on all programs; and identifies distribution gaps with corrective actions
• Business Management – Focused on the proper activities to build a sustainable and repeatable
• Financial Acumen-Driving the right level of volume (Budget) with the appropriate spend
• Distributor/Relationship Management-Strong influencing skills-Honesty & Transparency
• Entrepreneurial Spirit-How to develop creative solutions and knock down barriers
• Personal Commitment - ability to work independently
Education and Requirements
• Bachelor's Degree in Business or equivalent.
• Minimum of 3-6 years’ experience in consumer goods, preferably in the wine & spirits industry
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal and listening skills are required.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; knowledge of Diver and VIP preferred.
• Availability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, for special events is required.
• Must have a current valid driver’s license, a clean DMV record and maintain current auto insurance coverage.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Position is home office based with a preference to candidates in South/Central Florida or Dallas/Houston, Texas.