Calistoga-based Wine Estate seeks Accounting Admin to join their closely knit team. The Accounting Admin reports directly to the owner and is responsible for sales support, financial reporting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and other general administrative functions. The Accounting Admin will be able to effectively manage their time and successfully juggle a variety of tasks with grace, professionalism, and great attention to detail.
• Manage Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and bank reconciliations.
• Maintain accurate inventory records and conduct timely inventory reconciliations.
• Prepare and provide monthly, quarterly, and year-end closing reports for CPA.
• Manage customer shipping using ShipCompliant.
• Prepare and file winegrower tax and other government reports.
• Liaison with outside service providers.
• Follow generally accepted accounting practices and adhere to the policies and procedures of the winery.
• Process orders in Vin65/WineDirect and provide clients with order receipts.
• Assist in coordinating order shipping; ensure timely delivery of orders to clients.
• Work closely with sales team to maintain tasting sample inventory and hospitality supplies.
• Act as point of contact for ecommerce provider, troubleshooting issues and identifying opportunities for improvement.
• Create sales reports as needed from ecommerce system for owner and sales team.
• Process California wholesale and out-of-state distribution orders.
• Answer phones in a friendly and professional manner.
• Conduct filing, copying, scanning and faxing.
• Order and maintain office supplies.
Qualifications and Requirements
Minimum of 3 years of winery bookkeeping experience.
• In-depth knowledge of Quickbooks, Excel, MS Office required; knowledge of Vin65/WineDirect.
• Able to work independently, take initiative and manage time effectively. Able to manage priorities and workflow.
• Sharp attention to detail.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Strong problem-solving, and analytical skills.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work with changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Able to work in a team environment as well as operate independently.
• Able to lift 45+ lbs.