Established in 1972, Dry Creek Vineyard is Dry Creek Valley’s flagship winery located in the heart of Sonoma County, California. As the region’s first new winery following Prohibition, founder David Stare paved the way for a viticultural rebirth in this vibrant winegrowing appellation. Among other industry benchmarks, Dry Creek Vineyard is recognized as the first winery to plant Sauvignon Blanc in the Dry Creek Valley. A pioneer of Bordeaux-style blending, the winery was also the first to use the term Meritage with the 1985 vintage and the first to coin the term “Old Vine” to describe pre-Prohibition era Zinfandel vineyards.
This premier, family-owned winery is celebrating 46 years of winemaking and is led by the second generation. Dave’s daughter, Kim Stare Wallace, serves as President overseeing a successful family winemaking and grape growing business that includes 185 acres of sustainably farmed vineyards. Named one of the Top 100 wineries of 2015 by Wine & Spirits Magazine and a Top 10 Tasting Room by USA TODAY, the winery is also 100% Certified Sustainable. Dry Creek Vineyard proudly produces delicious Dry Chenin Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauvignon and Meritage blends as well as a portfolio of single vineyard selections.
Dry Creek Vineyard is currently seeking a talented hospitality rock star to join their team. This position will assist with planning and execution of all winery special events and in-house tastings and luncheons. This position also provides administrative support to the Special Events/Hospitality Manager as needed.
This is a part time position working between 21 and 24 per week, some weekends and evenings will be required.
You might be a good fit for this position if:
• You dream of getting paid to exercise.
• You know 15 different ways to fold a napkin.
• You would win a dishwashing competition against a Whirlpool.
• You can perfectly set a table, upside down and blindfolded.
• You have ever referred to a table crumber or a wine key as your side arm.
• While plating food you once said “I feel like Michelangelo.”
• You own your own wine key and you’ve given it a name.
• You once gave yourself a “one Michelin star rating” because you’re that good.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists with creative development/new ideas with respect to event themes and decorations (really fun part!)
• Assists with preparation for events, ensures items (tablecloths etc) are clean, ready, and organized.
• Ensures timely communication between the Tasting Room and Production so that they are aware of pre-event decorating needs and production area requirements.
• Gathers/purchases supplies/food/materials in support of events.
• Assists with event plan or agenda (communication materials) so that event staff is prepared.
• Prepares event station checklists or ensures each area is adequately stocked with wine and supplies.
• Assists with set-up and breakdown, ensures winery is returned to “before event” condition and is ready for normal operations.
• Assist with sourcing supplies/materials for events.
• Assists with pre-event employee meeting and event assignments.
• Assists with marketing materials to advertise and promote event
• Assists with vendor communications during event.
• Assists with staff breaks and lunches. Ensures break areas are cleaned up post event.
• Assists with post event financial re-cap and assists with reporting to management.
• Distributes post event recap form to DCV employees, collects comments, and creates post event recap Report. Makes suggestions based on notes.
• Maintains inventory of winery event supplies and knows where to locate items.
• Assists with updating the hospitality calendar/enters event details
• Ensures tasting room has fresh flowers on display at all times.
• Assists with all employee celebrations and wine appreciation tastings
• Support marketing with POS as needed
• Other duties as needed
• Minimum of 2 years related experience in hospitality or events.
• Knowledge of wines and wine production.
• Outgoing and engaging personality.
• A strong sense of style and décor.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
• Versatile, flexible, and a willing to work under competing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels and the public.
• Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
• Demonstrated ability to make successful presentations to individuals and/or groups.
• Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook.
• Intermediate computer skills in Word, Excel and Outlook, ability to learn to software programs with ease.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• Stand and walk for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift 45-50 pounds.
• Ability to work weekends, holidays and evenings as required.
• Must be over 21 years of age.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Must have and maintain a current driver’s license and maintain an acceptable driving record/history as conformed by the Department of Motor Vehicles