PURPOSE OF JOB: The Hospitality Concierge is most often the first touch point for guests visiting The Hess Collection Winery. This role is responsible for receiving all guest phone calls, emails and managing the reservations systems to assure guests receive exceptional service in planning their visit to The Hess Collection, including the opportunity to explore a variety of pairing and touring experiences and upgraded VIP options.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Other duties may be assigned.)
Customer Service (60% of time)
• Respond to guest and customer inquiries including basic information regarding hours to assisting with wine order inquiries
• Explain and promote guest experiences and tastings available
• Assist with guest reservation requests via CellarPass (or equivalent software), email, telephone
• Provide guests with confirmation, including complete information on agreed to experiences
• Provide an exceptional reservation experience for our members and guests
• Up-sell: understand guest needs and make appropriate suggestions for enhanced experiences
• Assist with managing the reservations calendar with impeccable attention to detail
• Be the champion of the guest reservation experience by monitoring the reservation process and recommending improvements to the process as needed including technology improvements
• Ability to track and assist with wine order shipping inquiries
• Understand and explain shipping protocols and limitations to guest
• Differentiate club members and treat them as such i.e. as part of the Hess Family wine club and all the benefits that go with that membership
• As directed, work as VC host at least once monthly to understand all guest experiences, needs of staff, and how to improve reservations process.
Administrative Support for Wine Club, Visitor’s Center & Front Desk (30% of time)
• Wine Club database management, including contacting wine club members to update credit cards, addresses, phone numbers & email; filing wine club records, assisting with member correspondence as directed
• Customer service for wine shipment inquiries, returns or damaged/lost orders
• Coordinate orders with shipping as needed
• Assist with shipping of guest VC merchandise
• Follow-up Guest Experience emails asking for ratings on TripAdvisor, Yelp, CellarPass or other sites; data collection and reporting on status and quality of reviews
• Act as primary phone back-up for front desk receptionist providing coverage for breaks, lunch and vacation schedules
Event Support (10% of time)
• Occasional after hours/weekend/remote assistance at events, including pouring and set-up support. Local and regional travel may be required.
Other Duties May Be Assigned to Support DTC activities
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to maintain a regular full-time work schedule of Tuesday-Saturday; available for evening and/or holiday work as needed
• Two years of successful experience in a similar hospitality assignment focusing on
• Experience with inbound and outbound phones sales highly desirable
• Professional phone demeanor with the ability to easily establish rapport with guests
• Service driven and focused on providing a world-class experience
• Outgoing, enthusiastic, team-oriented
• Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
• Self-motivated and demonstrates excellent time management and organizational skills
• Remain calm and service oriented while under pressure
• Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
experience with CellarPass, WineDirect, VinoVisit, shipping software a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
• Regularly required to sit on an office chair one to two hours at a time up to seven hours per day.
• Frequently required to walk 10-40 feet several times a day totaling up to one to two hours;
reach with hands and arms, grasp objects, push/pull file drawers of 10-50 pounds,
twist the upper body, stand for two-three hours at pouring stations.
• Occasionally required to kneel to file and climb stairs.
• Ability to move cases of wine (40 lbs average), event tables, chairs and related equipment
• Computer and printer
• Fax machine
• Mail machine
• Registers for POS & Order Entry
• Shipping Software (UPS, FedEx, DHL)
• Wine related devices including buffing cloths, corkscrews, wash racks, decanters