Dehlinger is a small, family run winery that has been in operation since 1975. We focus on producing Estate grown Pinot noir, Chardonnay, Syrah and Cabernet from Sonoma County’s Russian River Valley, and we have a national reputation that outstrips our physical size.
We are seeking a highly motivated harvest intern to join our staff for approximately 4 months, starting late June/early July 2018 until mid to late November 2018. Actual start date is dependent on season and intern availability. This is a very rewarding internship which covers many aspects of the vineyard, cellar and laboratory.
Harvest duties include (but not limited to):
• Crop estimation
• Vineyard sampling
• Occasional picking support as needed
• Fruit processing
• Fermentation monitoring
• Cap management (punchdown/pumpovers)
• Barrel work (cleaning & filling)
• Forklift operation
• Laboratory work (minimum of 1 day per week to support Enologist conducting numerous assay’s)
• Record keeping (paper records and VinTrace winemaking software)
Training will be provided in all areas.
In addition to harvest duties there may also be some bottling and participation in a hospitality event.
• Passion for wine and a desire to have a career in winemaking
• Coursework in Enology and Viticulture preferred
• Previous cellar work, ideally at least one vintage
• Some laboratory experience
• Strong work ethic and a positive attitude
• Physical stamina to complete cellar tasks
• Ability to work long and variable hours
• Must have a valid unrestricted driver’s license. Must be insurable by our insurance company.
• Ability to lawfully work in the USA.
Because we have a small staff, our one intern must be dependable and adaptable. They must be able to commit to the internship and not drop out prior to or during harvest.
During the peak harvest period, the intern will be expected to work 6 days a week. Outside the peak harvest period, work may be reduced to approximately 4 days a week.
The Intern must be able to perform strenuous physical tasks, such as lifting up to 50 pounds, repetitive movements, bending down, and ascend/descend ladders.
The intern will be compensated $16 per hour with overtime based on California law. We can also provide assistance with accommodation if needed.
To apply you must include ALL of the following:
1. Cover Letter. Tell us about yourself and your past and present wine experience. Let us know what you believe you can contribute to our team and what you would hope to get out of an internship with Dehlinger. Also include the dates you are available to work.
3. Multiple References.
Please send ALL of the above to: email@example.com. No phone calls please.