Enartis USA, has an opening for a full-time Wine Chemist. This position requires an advanced science background with good laboratory skills, and instrument knowledge. The applicant must be fluent with Gas Chromatography and GC/MS techniques and troubleshooting. They will work with other chemists assigned to a project. We are a contract Wine, Beer and Distilled spirits analytical laboratory that is ISO 17025 and TTB certified.
Winemakers or Enologists NEED NOT apply.
• Working knowledge of standard laboratory processes.
• Familiarity with standard wine analysis and wine chemistry techniques preferred.
• At least 3+ years’ method development experience with GC/MS instruments with knowledge of Agilent Mass Hunter software.
• Familiarity with gas chromatographs with FID (Agilent Chemstation).
• Able to complete required weekly and daily quality control checks for all instruments and measuring apparatus, and maintain records of maintenance and repair.
• Responsible for complying with the Laboratory Management System roles and responsibilities as detailed in the Quality Manual and supporting documents.
• Ability to write and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and is familiar with method validation techniques.
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task.
• Good computer skills
Qualifications: Minimum B.S. degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or science-related field and have some background in wine analysis (or equivalent experience).
Strong communication skills in verbal and written form. Good interpersonal skills. Able to work well within a team environment. This is a senior position in our laboratory. US, Canadian and Mexican citizens.
Competitive salary and benefits package.
Normal office hours 8:30am-5:00pm Monday through Friday and varies during harvest.