Rooted in rebellion. Commitment to regenerate.
Founded in 1968 by Barney Fetzer in Mendocino County, California, Fetzer Vineyards is an award-winning purveyor of wines from sustainable, organic and biodynamic grapes. Along with robust offerings under the winery’s flagship Fetzer label, the winery also crafts the leading wine from organic grapes, Bonterra Organic Vineyards, named 2016 American Winery of the Year by Wine Enthusiast. Other California-based offerings include Adorada, Anthony’s Hill, Jekel Vineyards, Sanctuary Wines and 1000 Stories, a Bourbon barrel aged Zinfandel. Fetzer Vineyards exports its diverse wines to more than 30 countries worldwide. Most recently, the winery entered the ultra-luxury wine and spirits category by forging a partnership with Kentucky Peerless Distilling Co. to sell its historic craft rye whiskey.
In the newly created role of Brand Manager, you will act as the strategic, creative force behind the marketing of imports and spirits we represent throughout the US - Viña Maipo and Cono Sur wines from Chile and Kentucky Peerless Distilling straight rye whiskey.
You will form collaborative relationships with internal and external teams and distributor partners to implement plans to meet annual and long-term business goals as well as meet distribution and depletion objectives. Reporting to the VP Marketing, you will effectively represent the winery and brands to the US market and ensure that the perceptions of the brands properly capture their unique attributes.
http://www.conosur.com/ Awarded “Chilean Wine Producer of the Year” by IWSC in 2017
http://www.vinamaipo.com/en/ One of Chile’s main wine exporters
https://kentuckypeerless.com/ Sales partnership with family-owned makers of Bourbon and rye whiskey
• Develop annual brand plans to meet business and brand financial targets including product, pricing, merchandising and marketing plan, packaging, and distribution.
• Continue to evolve brand strategy to ensure we are building the brand across key pillars.
• Lead cross-functional team to deliver brand initiatives and drive day-to-day business results.
• Serve as “go to” person for all brand initiatives and issues with cross-functional team.
Consumer and Marketing Insights
• Monitor, analyze and interpret market data to identify trends and opportunities and develop/change strategic and tactical brand and marketing initiatives.
• Understand, anticipate, and translate consumer desires to identify unmet consumer needs and develop unique brand and product & category opportunities.
• Lead and manage brand initiatives including new product launches, product improvement, product discontinuations and margin improvement initiatives. Work with cross-functional team to ensure delivery of business objectives.
• Leverage consumer insights to identify compelling new product opportunities.
• Coordinate with Chile for all new developments of Import brands.
Marketing Strategy and Execution
• Develop marketing strategy and tactics to maximize business results.
• Oversee all marketing activities including partnerships, social media, grassroots and brand campaigns.
• Manage budget.
• Work with sales support to develop sales collateral including brand presentations, new product presentations, product ranking and merchandising recommendations.
Planning and Execution of Market Sales Management
• Act as the primary representative of assigned brands within US trade and with respective customers creating and maintaining positive relationships with importer and customer personnel and trade consumers.
• Develop and manage US brand sales projects, brand budgeting and budget reconciliation.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field with an emphasis in Marketing and minimum 5 years success in marketing, sales or brand management; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Strong research and analytical skills
• Professional judgment and discretion
• Budget management skills and proficiency
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management both internally and externally with business partners
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Valid CDL and Passport; Ability to travel both domestically and internationally 40% - 60% of the time
• Familiarity with the wine or spirits category and three tier distribution, a plus
• Open to CPG or other industries
• Bilingual English/Spanish, advantageous
Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. on a frequent basis, carry up to 40 lbs. & push and pull up to 20 lbs. on an occasional basis; ability to sit and work at a desk for long periods of time; requires ability to walk and stand; reach outward and upward, climb, crawl, squat, kneel, and bend; requires hand and finger dexterity for keyboarding and working at computer for extended periods of time. Additional physical requirements required as related to domestic/international travel via air and ground transportation.
This position will work out of Fetzer Vineyards’ offices located at 375 Healdsburg Avenue, Healdsburg, CA 95482 (Sonoma County).
Fetzer Vineyards’ corporate office is located at 12901 Old River Rd Hopland, CA 95449.
Tell us about your passion for the wine industry and apply online http://fetzervineyards.appone.com.
Requires successful completion of criminal background, DMV check (if applicable) and drug screen. AA/EOE/M/F/D/V. You will be required to submit verification of your citizenship or legal right to work in the United States at the time of an offer of employment.
Based in Santiago, Chile, our parent company, Viña Concha y Toro, occupies an outstanding position among the world’s most important wine companies. With consolidated sales in 2016 of nearly USD $1 billion and more than 36 million cases sold globally.