St. Supéry Estate Vineyards and Winery has an exciting opportunity for a Viticulture Intern. The primary purpose of this role is to support the technical viticulture needs of St. Supéry’s two estate vineyards.
Under the direction of the Senior Vineyard Manager, this position will be involved in many projects in our vineyards throughout the growing season.
• Assist in collection/processing of grape maturity samples
• Assist in collection of all pertinent viticultural information; Phenological data, bud/shoot/cluster/verasion/bloom counts, etc.
• Assist in vine water potential monitoring/pressure bomb analysis
• Be aware of our judicious farming programs; help ensure our Napa Green protocols are followed.
• Assist the Viticulturist and Estate Manager with orchards
• Assist Viticulture team with data entry, record keeping and other administrative duties related to the vineyards and farming activities
• Disciplined work ethic, accountability and follow-through
• Proficiency in English -- strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in Spanish desirable
• Ability and desire to be team player
• Computer proficiency – Microsoft Office Suite
• Valid California Driver’s license