Villa San-Juliette is a family owned estate vineyard and winery located in the Estrella District of the Paso Robles AVA. The 128-acre vineyard is planted to 12 Bordeaux and Rhone varieties designated to single varietal wines and blends across multiple distribution tiers. We are seeking a full-time production Enologist to assist the Winemaker in all production related duties.
The Enologist will be assigned to a wide range of responsibilities including but not limited to the following:
• General cellar work, forklift operations, sanitation
• Sampling, lab analysis, database entry, reporting, trial blends
• Bottling QA
• Vineyard monitoring
• Winery and lab maintenance
• Sensory analysis
• Brand ambassador for public and trade tasting events
• Degree in Wine & Viticulture or related field
• 2 years minimum relevant work experience
• Forklift experience and ability to lift and move up to 55 pounds repeatedly
• Possess excellent written and oral communication skills. Fluent in English
• Flexible to work varying shifts, overtime, and weekends when required
• Possess a passion for wine with strong organizational and problem solving skills
Please e-mail a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position. The ideal candidate will be able to begin work in early January.