Aveniu Brands, a family owned importer and marketer of fine wines from around the world, is searching for an Assistant Brand Manager. Aveniu Brands is owned by the Codorniu Raventós Group and our portfolio includes family owned wineries such as Anna De Codorniu, Vina Zaco, Raimat, Vina Pomal Scala Dei & Legaris from the best growing regions of Spain, Septima from Mendoza, Argentina and Artesa from Carneros in Napa.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including 401K, & healthcare.
The Assistant Brand Manager leads sustainable brand growth of the brand/s under his/her responsibility to achieve the company growth objectives top line and profitability for the US market. The position reports to the Marketing Director with an office in Sonoma, California.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Build the brand attributes and values aligned with brand equity and execution equities defined by the company Marketing team.
• Develop together with the Marketing Director and implement the Brand plans under her/his responsibility together with the Sales team. Helps implement them with distributors and tracks its performance. Suggests improvements in the in market plans to improve effectiveness and ROI.
• Execute the launch plans for product innovation with sales to achieve agreed distribution and rotation objectives.
• Coordinates with Corporate marketing the development of new product launches, brand campaigns and brand equity changes to ensure is consistently implemented in the USA market.
• Develops and executes promotional initiatives and communication to consumer to profitably increase consumer consumption
• Assists in the identification and development of business building ideas and trends in the USA market. Works with other business unit team members (Sales, Global teams, Supply chain, Finance…) to execute the plans that meet business objectives.
• Closely monitors and analyses consumer sales volumes, market share trends and competitive activity for his/her brand through Nielsen, Diver and other data sources.
• Develop all trade marketing tools and POS materials for the brand under her/his responsibility aligning the needs with the sales team.
• Coordinates and/or leads with external agencies projects the adaptation of the plans for POS and local communication with a strong collaboration with Corporate Marketing and aligned with sales plans.
• Responsible of the POS stock of the Brands under her/his responsibility at Westland warehouse.
• Serve as key point of contact for vendors, and service providers for all marketing related business.
• Controls and manages A&P Marketing budget under his/her responsibility. Includes the management of the SERMA budget for the brands under his/her responsibility.
• Implement together with the PR and Communication agency the PR and communication plans for the brands under her/his responsibility to achieve the Brand goals.
• Plans the digital and social media plans. Tracks competition digital activity and its efficacy.
• Be up to date on the latest Marketing techniques and means of effectively reach and activate our consumers. Specially through PR and digitial.
• Demonstrated leadership skills and team building attitude.
• Strategic thinking required
• Hand on and make it happens attitude especially with budget restriction environment.
• Highly Energetic and self-motivated.
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Communication skills (written and oral)
• Results and commercial orientation
• Persuasiveness and tenacity to sell ideas
Educational background: 4 years Economics, Business or marketing degree.
Proficient with the use of Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint
Languages: Fluent in English. Spanish is highly recommended. Other languages are a plus.
Sector: Experience in building brands in the US for wines and/or spirits. Ideally building Spanish brands in US. Spanish wine experience and cultural understanding is highly valued.
Between 2 and 3 years related Marketing experience.
Proven ability to interact with Sales on a daily basis and have an understanding of sales dynamics in the three tier system.
Ability to lift at least 40 pounds (weight of a case of wine) repeatedly