Do you love being outdoors? Do you have a passion for science? Are you a detail orientated person? If so, this position may be the position for you! The Viticulturist is responsible for providing analysis, reporting and adherence to EHS policy across the vineyards. As a Viticulturist you would provide support to the vineyard staff by ensuring they adhere to all regulatory record keeping requirements. You will be an integral part of the team providing support when Vineyard Manager/Director is away from site.
• Responsible for collection, analysis, and interpretation of viticulture data (i.e. phenology, vine health, stress, and pest/disease pressure)
• Responsible for the creation and implementation of a schedule to monitor individual block performance and highlight issues.
• Manage the completion of tasks such as harvest maturity sampling, soil testing, fertilizer application, tissue testing, yield estimates, long term block history, etc.
• Assist in maintaining vineyard experiments, gathering data, and designing new ones.
• Coordinate/Assist in managing the spray program. This may include writing work orders, ensure adherence to spray intervals, scheduling equipment, purchasing materials, communicating with neighbors and winemakers regarding reentry intervals.
• In Coordination with the Vineyard Director/Manager define Irrigation programs and ensure subsequent work orders prepared
• Provide support to the vineyard management staff by ensuring they adhere to all regulatory record keeping requirements
• Provide support when Vineyard Manager/Director is away from site.
• Provide analysis, reporting and adherence to EHS policy across the vineyards
• Participate in continuing education programs and research within the industry to enhance expertise
• Any other duties as reasonably required
• B.S. in Viticulture or related field
• 4-6 years of Viticulture experience
• Robust MS Office experience
• Ability to present to various levels in the organization
• Travel 10%
• PCA/PCO and/or QAL/PAL license
• Strong verbal/written communication skills in English
• Well-developed people skills
• Good interpersonal skills - good communication
• Time Management and planning skills
• 10 years of combined experience, practical & research experience
• Graphical Indicating systems software & mapping
• Management of precision viticulture
• Master's Degree
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
• Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods.
• Must be able to move up to 55 lbs.
• Use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms
• Climb or balance stairs/ladders
• Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear
• Must have close vision, distant vision, and ability to adjust focus, peripheral vision
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
• Must have a valid driver's license and be able to drive a car and travel via plane/train as needed
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).