Are you good at everything, but specialize in the details, organization, and pursuit of quality?
If so, we may have the perfect opportunity for you to develop more of these skills and shine in our small, family owned environment. We pride ourselves on being the leaders in sustainably grown, heritage-vine Zinfandels and Petite Sirahs, but we are so much more. We have an amazingly loyal wine club that loves to visit us and spread the story of the Black Chicken and Robert Biale Vineyards!
• Provide superior customer service and informed sales recommendations to our customers via telephone and email (you will average 50 calls per day and emails).
• Efficiently and accurately process all types of retail transactions using our POS, including but not limited to: general/daily sales orders, web-based sales orders, special marketing offers, wine club enrollments, shipping orders, customer profile updates, general inquiries, and customer issues.
• Update our customer database continually, based on various marketing campaigns.
• Monitor our customer service and wine club email inbox, and respond in a timely and professional manner.
• Assist with marketing tasks including event planning and preparation, travel scheduling, newsletter and email formatting, as well as a myriad of other varied sales and marketing tasks.
• Assist Special Events Manager by
- Maintaining an inventory of all supplies necessary to execute events,
- Maintaining Events Manual with up-to-date procedures, timelines, and vendor information,
- Coordinate and promote with winery special & private events including but not limited to, Trade or private lunches, VIP tastings, special tasting experiences, winery dinners, and Wine Club events,
- Assist with out-of-state events coordination.
• At least 1-3 years’ experience in wine sales/hospitality industry required.
• Excellent phone voice and pleasant demeanor, as you are the “front lines” for communication for our small, family-owned brand.
• Excellent computer and data entry skills including POS, MSWord, and Excel. Knowledge of Adobe Pagemaker, InDesign, and associated platforms preferred, but not required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Demonstrated ability to interact well with customers and to project a positive, helpful demeanor.
• Proficient and fast with various computer basics such as using a web browser, email applications, and winery POS software.
• Specific knowledge of eCellar Services is a plus.
• Experience in telephone/inbound/outbound sales and marketing is a must.
• Adept at professional email correspondence.
• Must enjoy a focused, desk-based work environment with high call volume and timely emails.
• College graduate preferred
• This position is 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday, in the off-season; and weekend hours during the busy season, and some weekend and evening events required.
• Hourly, with benefits
Please do not call or fax your resume.