Are you interested in the wine industry or agriculture industry? We have been farming wine grapes in the Monterey County for 45 years, and we are looking for a candidate to join our growing Vineyard Team to help our 4,000 acres of vineyards flourish!
SUMMARY: This position will integrate the practical applications of technology into vineyard operations. The primary objective is to improve viticulture and vineyard management efficiencies, productivity, and profitability. Priorities include developing software and hardware integrations that deliver timely and accurate information in an efficient manner that minimizes overhead costs of our IT infrastructure. This role is expected to develop and maintain current expertise in Geographic Information Systems, Remote Sensing Technologies (aerial and ground based measurements), GPS technologies, database systems, workgroup systems, networks and communications, and computer hardware.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Vine Inventory Database: Build and maintain accurate row and block level GIS data infrastructure that tiers to our Vine Inventory Database through ground based GPS control measurements and database construction. Assist the Vit Team and IT Team in maintaining the inventory database through field based data capture of disease and replant vine counts in the MobileFrame system.
• Irrigation Systems Data: Help plan and execute an operation wide GPS mapping and hardware inventory of irrigation systems to facilitate operation, optimization, monitoring, maintenance, and repair of our irrigation systems.
• GIS System Integrations: Integrate and process operational data coming in from a range of sources such as GPS equipment tracking, activity/production tracking, field data capture, weather sensors, soil moisture data, lab results, and phenology data to facilitate utility and decision making relevancy of these data through geographic visualization and other information products.
• GIS Data and Map Accessibility: Leverage secure internet GIS services to deploy operational data to appropriate users and follow conventions and protocol of our IT department to prevent unwanted access to critical operational data.
• Harvest: Assist the VitTeam in deployment of harvest inventory, yield monitoring, and shipment tracking systems.
• Work in cooperation with vineyard supervisors, PCAs, equipment supervisors, HR, IT, and payroll
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Strong IT skills in software, hardware, and network management
• Strong analytical skills, using GIS, spreadsheets, and databases to solve complex problems
• LANGUAGE - Excellent communication skills; Spanish bilingual is a plus
• TECHNICAL –working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, ESRI, SQL, coding language is a plus
• GENERAL – Ability to multitask and prioritize; ability to work flexible and extended hours as seasons dictate; disciplined work ethic which values punctuality, productivity and organization
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects and/or keyboard. Required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch. Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. This job requires use of the computer and phone. The job environment will be inside in an office and outside in the vineyards.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities or activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Scheid Vineyards, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.