Duckhorn Wine Company has helped set the standard for American fine wine for almost four decades. Founded with the launch of Duckhorn Vineyards in 1976, the Duckhorn Portfolio has evolved to include Goldeneye, Paraduxx, Migration, Decoy and Canvasback, and features a unique structure that includes six dedicated winemakers. Combining more than 600 acres of acclaimed estate vineyards in California’s Napa Valley, Sonoma County, Anderson Valley and Washington State’s Red Mountain, with grapes from the finest growers, each winery has its own focused winegrowing program from which to make its wines. Duckhorn Wine Company wines are available throughout the United States, on five continents, and in more than 45 countries.
SUMMARY: The District Manager is responsible for managing all on/off premise activities and programming within his/her designated territory through distributor(s) to ensure maximum market penetration, brand awareness and sell-through. Assist in implementing various regional and national programs on and off premise.
Help in other markets as needed by regional manager for blitzes, distributor sales meetings, high profile tastings and dinners. (Limited travel)
Responsibility includes 80% focus on broadening distribution, through development of a broader account base or increasing sales with distributor. Business Development and increasing distribution in new accounts will be a key indicator of success in this position. This role will cover SETX & STX & Rio Grande Valley; estimate 50-60% of travel.
Our ideal candidate will reside in the Houston area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain and enhance share of mind with the distributor; collaborate with distributor to execute sales plan and goal and achieve sales quotas.
• Establish target account list for all brands/wines based by channel and establish timeline of account calls with regional manager and distributor.
• Identify list of key accounts and provide exceptional customer service by conducting specialty tastings, events, promotional activities and wait staff education with distributor.
• Utilize product and business knowledge to educate Distributor Representatives and Accounts to increase product turn
• Identify and represent Duckhorn Wine Company at consumer and trade events as confirmed by Regional Manager.
• Assist in monitoring distributor inventory
• Make recommendations to supervisor for pricing and programming to meet annual budget.
• Recommend to supervisor and execute effective programs to increase sales in assigned area – coordinate all market specific programs with regional manager – identify target accounts by brand
• Help to achieve 100% compliance for national accounts
• Manage and coordinate priorities and new vintage information with distributor.
• Participate in sales training programs and present at Distributor general sales meetings.
• Proactively communicate information with customers, distributors and colleagues.
• Limited travel to other markets for distributor ride withs, tastings and market work
• Operates within assigned budgetary parameters.
• BA in Business or related field
• Minimum 4 years of sales experience in wine industry (manager experience preferred)
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Good math skills
• Good computer skills
• Ability to travel up to 50%-60% of the time, defined as time out of office visiting distributors and hosting events
• Physically able to stand for prolonged periods of time, able to lift and carry 36 pounds up to shoulder height.
Duckhorn Wine Company offers a highly competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package. Please respond with resume, letter of introduction and salary requirements.