The Tasting Room Associate is responsible for ensuring that visitors to The Estates Wine Room receive impeccable customer service and are left with a positive image of the winery. The Tasting Room Host will provide education, wine samples and conversation for the customers both responsibly and appropriately.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects the essential functions for this job. Other tasks may be assigned from time to time. Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Greet all visitors with enthusiasm
• Lead guests through wine tasting flights – educating them about Double Canyon and Archery Summit, wines, and brand. Ensure a fun and memorable customer experience.
• Work towards developing relationships with guests to convert into Wine Club members
• Effectively suggest and sell wine, with the ability to “up-sell”
• Daily Tasting Room operations:
o Set up / breaking down the tasting room bar.
o Open and verify condition of wines, decanting when appropriate
o Prepare printed guest materials
o Open/Close POS system/registers.
o Manage cash drawer
o Stock wine and merchandise on Tasting Room floor and store rooms
o Perform sales transactions and for carry-out and shipping orders
o Maintain clean and organized guest spaces at all times
• Provide warm, engaging and professional customer service with the ability to develop rapport with customers via telephone, email and face-to-face
• Assist with monthly inventory
• Actively continue education in wine production, viticulture, and winery history
• Strong ability to sell wine and various club memberships to all types of customers
• Provide exceptional service and go the extra mile for all guests visiting The Estates Wine Room
• Represent The Estates Wine Room at outside functions when necessary
• Quickly recognize the signs that a guest should not be served alcohol and take appropriate action to professionally address the situation.
• Behave in a professional and mature manner at all times
EXPECTATIONS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• Must have excellent knowledge of wine and food with enthusiasm to continually learn new information and share knowledge with guests and other co-workers
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (via telephone, e-mail and face-to-face) are required
• Enthusiastic, passionate and dynamic communication style
• Comfortable speaking in front of crowds
• Self-aware, able to work independently, and driven to make a difference
• Must have a positive attitude and outlook with the ability to work within a team atmosphere
• Must remain calm under pressure
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends
• Must be 21 years of age
• Must be able to lift 40 lbs and pass a physical exam and a drug test
• Must possess or have ability to acquire a WA MAST training/certification License
• Must possess or have ability to acquire a WA Food Handler’s License
• Must be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
• Must be able to work in a fast paced hospitality environment
• Experience with a luxury wine brand a plus