This position is responsible for developing, executing and achieving the Annual Business Plan (ABP) for the On-Premise Channel within their geographic area of responsibility. The assigned area of responsibility will be aligned with one or more of Constellation Brands Beer Division's (CBBD) top on-premise wholesalers in a priority DMA. This position is responsible for driving on-premise sales through effective business planning, coordination with National and Key Accounts, retail execution, customer relationship management and budget management. This individual will function as a strategic partner and advisor to select Market Development Managers on all items related to on-premise sales.
• Focused against the sales, distribution and promotion of the CBBD's portfolio in order to achieve the sales and profit plan.
• Provide market intelligence to their Business Unit continuously improving CBBD's approach to the On-Premise trade.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with the owners & managers of the top 75 On-Premise accounts within area of responsibility.
• Direct and implement training and development initiatives for wholesaler on-premise team and with key on-premise accounts.
• Prioritize existing accounts and deploy On-Premise resources (materials, budgets) to achieve our set market goals.
• Identify and provide resources to address market specific business development opportunities.
• Execute through wholesalers on-premise team, the CBBD's Retail Vision.
• Identify and communicate to Market Development Managers supply chain wholesaler issues at key accounts to ensure proper follow up is performed.
• Provide support and follow through for National and key Regional On-Premise accounts (e.g. program execution including closing mandated distribution gaps).
• Execute draft beer initiatives in area of responsibility using knowledge of market to direct resources and effort.
• Serve as a strategic partner and advisor to the area General Manager(s)/Market Development Manager in all On-Premise sales related planning.
• Assist Market Development Managers to develop the On-Premise component of his/her annual business plan including, sales, distribution and promotional efforts for that specific market.
• Determines programming and promotional plans/spends needed to drive sales and to achieve Plan.
• Review, manage, consult and support on-premise business plans developed by Market Development Manager for area of responsibility.
• Evaluates results vs. plan on a regular basis, identifies sales deficiency areas and develops corrective programming in order to improve performance.
• Reviews, consults and supports recommendations on price changes affecting the On-Premise with appropriate Market Development Manager and GM for his/her consideration.
• Actively analyzes market conditions and competitive activity to develop sound pricing strategies to maximize sales and profits.
Marketing & Promotions
• Develop CTF investment strategy to support promotional and marketing efforts that coincides with the Sales Calendar for their area of responsibility.
• Utilizes available marketing resources in order to maximize sales and achieve plan.
• Develops and executes new product/packaging rollout plans for their area of On-Premise responsibility.
• Works with their sales team to build plans that identifies target package/brand opportunities, target account list and resource allocation needed to achieve set goals.
• Support, manage and proactively identify challenges that new product introductions face in area of responsibility.
6. Performs additional duties and responsibilities as required.
This position requires:
• A Bachelor's degree or equivalent job experience is required (a minimum of four years sales experience with a beverage supplier in the alcohol beverage industry).
• Complete understanding of the on-premise retail environment.
• Working knowledge of the promotional marketing process.
• Proven track record in building good relationships with customers as well as internal associates.
• Demonstrated ability to take the initiative to gather and use customer feedback to identify both needs and opportunities.
• Demonstrated diligence and ability to follow through on all commitments (internal and external stakeholders).
• Good oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve performance goals with a minimum of direction.
• Demonstrated math skills with ability to understand wholesaler margin, retailer cost of goods calculation and market discount structures.
• Computer literate with the ability to use software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of business information tools such as Cognos 7/8 and Retail Vision software.
• Available to travel a minimum of 20% of his/her working time, including up to 5 hrs. driving time.
• Minimum four years sales experience in the Beverage Alcohol Industry (malt beverage preferred).
• Bilingual, preferred
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
• Work Environment:
• Must be able to stand, walk, sit.
• Must be able to move up to 55 lbs.
• Use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms.
• Climb or balance stairs/ladders.
• Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear.
• Must have close vision, distant vision, and ability to adjust focus, peripheral vision.
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
• Must have a valid driver's license, be able to drive a car and travel via plane/train as needed.
• Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Field Office - Premium - Jersey City/Union City/Hoboken, NJ