Mechanic I performs basic mechanical work connected with various facilities projects such as welding, electrical, refrigeration and HVAC. Install, repair and modify existing and new equipment, including the fabrication of simple parts. Safety-follow safe operating procedures, support safety programs and policies to safeguard personal safety, company property, environmental and team member's safety
Essential Job Functions:
• Troubleshoot, repair and maintain standard facility systems.
• Maintain equipment, equipment warranties and maintenance records.
• Identify and report needed maintenance and facility repairs to Maintenance Manager.
• Performs basic liquid and gas plumbing, rough carpentry and finished carpentry
• Performs routine mechanical repair to winery vehicles
• Assist in the movement of materials and equipment
• Communicating Effectively
• Quality and Work Standards
• Building Productive Working Relationships - Teamwork
• Professional and Emotional Maturity
• Initiative/Results Oriented
• High School Diploma/GED
• 2-5 Years of Experience Required
• Forklift Certified
• LOTO/Confined Space Certified
• Valid CA Driver's License
• Basic Welding Skills - TIG & MIG
ADA Physical/Mental/Workplace Requirements:
• Physical Requirements: The employee frequently is required to sit, talk or listen and drive long distances. The employee is occasionally required to stand; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. Frequent walking, including going up and down stairs and ladders, and bending are required. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Work Environment: Working conditions in certain areas of the winery are cold, wet, slippery and noisy. Involves exposure to hazardous conditions. Irregular shifts, including graveyard, and long hours may be required, particularly during harvest.
• Travel Required:
The purpose of this description is to describe the essential job functions and the level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. This description is not an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by this position. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and ass
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).