• Samples tanks and barrels for analyses.
• Develop general proficiency in the use of analytical equipment in the lab, both hardware and software.
• Conduct routine daily calibration and quality control analyses across all routine methodologies.
• Prepare reagents and standards as required.
• Performs typical analyses with accuracy, precision and on time.
• Enters and records data accurately and on time.
• As instructed by winemaking or quality assurance, perform special projects and other assignments relating to lab functions including bench trials, setting up tasting panels and maintaining the winemaker's library.
• This position is responsible for understanding and adhering to the winery hazardous material & safety procedures and GMPs.
• Assists in monitoring and maintaining lab inventories.
• Follow procedures according to established standard operating procedures (SOP's) for quality and the lab.
• Use common sense and logic to identify erroneous data and malfunctioning equipment.
• Processing grape samples using both handheld and robotic equipment
• Other duties as assigned
• Associate's Degree
• 0-2 years' lab experience (equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable)
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions/direction
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Must be able to recognize potential problems that require solutions to be found at a higher level
• Basic writing and math skills
• Computer skills
• Associate's Degree in Enology, Biological Science, or Chemistry
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
• Ability to lift and/or move 50 pounds.
• Climb stairs.
• Ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
• Is exposed to loud noise, fumes and/or toxic chemicals
• Works near moving, mechanical parts and lift truck traffic
• Able to work a flexible schedule with overtime as requested, including weekends and off shifts.
• Able to work safely in lab, including proper handling techniques for hazardous substances and use of personal protective equipment.
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).