Delicato Family Vineyards has an exciting immediate career opportunity for a Business Analyst, in our Napa, CA office.
Delicato Family Vineyards is a family-owned California winery founded in 1924. Three generations of the Indelicato family have guided grapes from vineyard to bottle and into homes and dining establishments around the world. Delicato Family Vineyards is steadfastly committed to crafting and representing wines of the highest quality produced in accordance with sustainable winegrowing practices. Among the leading and fastest growing wine companies in America, the Delicato Family Vineyards' portfolio includes Gnarly Head, Black Stallion Estate Winery, Noble Vines, Belle Ambiance, Diora, Juxtapoz, HandCraft Artisan Collection, La Merika, Brazin, Bota Box, Massimo, Irony, Domino, Sequin, Twisted and Z. Alexander Brown.
Under Little or No Supervision and Acting on Own Initiative, the Business Analyst supports the Finance team in the financial engagement of the respective sales divisions to help achieve financial goals and objectives. The Business Analyst supports the annual planning cycle for the respective sales divisions, including annual plan and latest estimates as well as collaborates in the development and execution of the processes and systems that support monthly accounting close and subsequent financial reporting. The Business Analyst performs analysis to be utilized in a comprehensive monthly business review process with sales VPs, DSMs and RSMs, including identification and mitigation of risks and opportunities.
* Supports the annual planning process for sales divisions, including detailed breakouts of divisions and subordinate regions, complete with monthly calendarization of sales volume, pricing, revenue, cogs, expenses and margins. Provides input to develop efficient templates and works to create approved product
* Performs monthly analysis to support review with Business Managers - providing overview on business financial results. Includes risk and opportunity analysis where applicable
* Develops financial journal entries on a monthly basis. Supports the monthly close process including spend accrual review and analysis, coupon redemption accruals and reconciliation etc. Analyzes accrued vs. actual expense trends
* Reviews and approves pricing changes in alignment with brand pricing guidelines, local business practices and company objectives
* Investigates and corrects anomalies or inaccuracies in financial data or results
* Facilitates Ad Hoc analysis as necessary
* Maintains financial partnerships with sales managers and VP
* Maintains relationships with various functional management teams to ensure quality deliverables and information flow, including accounting, FP&A, Business Performance Management, HROC, the Chain Team, and Marketing
* Acts as Delicato expert on reporting systems. Drives innovation and efficiencies to improve reporting
Education and Experience:
* Minimum of two years of experience in accounting or financial management, including prior experience in wine or beverage alcohol business
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Familiarity with the three-tier distribution network, and shipment, depletion and scan data reporting and analysis
* Expert computer skills are required, with ability to report and analyze multi-dimensional data and complex information
* Must exhibit excellent communication skills, analytical skills and problem-solving ability.
Certificates and Licenses:
* Bachelor's degree in business, finance or accounting
* Must be able to travel to attend sales meeting and market visits
* Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
* Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
* Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
* Follows all Company policies and procedures
Delicato offers its employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts & many more.