Expected to work as a team member of the Transportation Department. This job will primarily consist of transporting farm equipment on and between ranches and delivery of grapes to wineries during the harvest season.
Essential Job Duties:
• Operate company owned and leased trucks for transport and delivery. Trucks include truck and equipment trailer combination with manual shift.
• Load equipment (tractors, forklifts, sprayers, backhoe, loaders, etc.) supplies (vine stakes, trellis wire, irrigation hose, etc.) in a safe manner.
• Secure load using heavy chains and/or straps. Make sure that load is evenly distributed.
• During harvest, load grapes using forklift, secure valley or macro bins, deliver and unload at wineries in a timely manner.
• Perform required before-, during-, and after-operation "user maintenance" and provide required reports.
• Provide outstanding customer service during delivery and pickup operations, especially during harvest at wineries.
• Maintain all required certifications required by DOT, OSHA and company safety programs.
• Maintain radio or telephone contact with supervisor throughout work hours to receive instructions or be dispatched to a new location.
• Maintain and protect all property entrusted to you in excellent condition.
• Perform any other tasks assigned.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Training:
• A "clean" and valid California Class A drivers license
• Ability to operate and maintain equipment in a safe manner at all times.
• Ability to follow directions
• Ability to take initiative
• Ability to manage time efficiently
• Ability to work well with others
• Ability to make overnight runs as required
Physical Environment and Requirements:
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds repeatedly.
• Must be able to climb up onto equipment trailer (32" high) repeatedly to secure load.
• Must be able to work in severe weather conditions; mostly hot weather.
• Requires prolonged sitting and driving.
Competitive salary & benefits package