Merry Edwards Winery has an exciting seasonal intern position that bridges enology and viticulture for the 2018 harvest. The ideal candidate is a team player with a keen eye for detail and a willingness to undertake the tasks needed for smooth operation of our facility and vineyards. The intern selected will work closely with Merry Edwards herself to ensure fruit quality in our extensive vineyard holdings, as well as wine quality post-harvest. They will be fully trained in our standard operating procedures and will participate in all aspects of winemaking, from grape to bottle. We offer state-of-the-art technologies and equipment and present an opportunity to learn how to operate in a premium winemaking environment.
Viticulture duties include:
• Crop estimates
• Grape maturity sampling
Enology duties include:
• Processing grape maturity samples for analysis
• Basic Lab analysis, including but not limited to measuring brix, pH, and titratable acidity
• Tank and barrel sampling
• Cellar work including but not limited to: sanitation; bottling line work; additions to must/juice; and barrel stirring
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Previous experience and formal education preferred
• Laboratory experience using autotitrator and spectrophotometer preferred
• Motivated and passionate about wine
• Able to lift 50 lbs. and work extended hours in a physically demanding environment
• Able to stand for long periods of time
• Ability to follow standard operating procedures and adhere to strict safety procedures.
Start Date: July 2, 2018
Merry Edwards Winery is a state-of-the-art winery in California’s Russian River Valley, focused on producing premium Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Noir.