Cakebread Cellars, the family owned and operated Rutherford-based Napa Valley premium winery seeks to add a talented Vineyard Operations Supervisor who will play a key role in the refinement of our high quality, precision farming practices and growing premium wine grapes.
Cakebread Cellars farms 580 acres of Napa Valley and Anderson Valley vineyards, reaching across several premier California appellations. We practice organic and sustainable farming, which is vital to our high quality winemaking practices. This role will be responsible for partnering with farm labor contractors to ensure all vineyard operations meet Cakebread Cellars’ quality expectations. Additional duties include maintaining accurate and timely communications with farm labor contractors, vineyard supervisors, growers, vendors, and contractors; participating in the development and implementation of vineyard management operations, viticulture plans, maintenance projects, and quality control processes.
• Bachelor’s degree in viticulture and enology, agricultural production, biological science, or related field preferred or 5+ years of vineyard management and development experience including vineyard safety and compliance best practices
• Proven experience in both conventional and sustainable farming
• Experience working in partnership with vineyard managers on multiple sites
• Strong passion for producing premium wines
• Proven ability to influence others to meet and exceed quality control goals
• Licensed by the State Department of Pesticide Regulation as a Qualified Applicator (Q.A.L.)
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and MS Office
• Ability to communicate in Spanish
• Strong interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills
• Through knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and regulations pertaining to agricultural and related fields.
• Ability to work independently and execute job responsibilities with limited guidance and supervision
• Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
• Knowledge and ability to present a professional image at all times
• Commitment to excellence and high standards
• Clean driving record