Leap Solutions is partnering with a vineyard client in the town of Sonoma, CA in their search for an experienced, detail oriented and highly organized Accounting Specialist with a strong accounting background, particularly in accounts payable.
The ideal candidate will thrive working in a casual, collaborative, family-owned business environment while maintaining a high level of integrity, fiscal awareness and professionalism in his/her role.
The Accounting Specialist position will have a strong emphasis on accounts payable duties and will be responsible for processing all invoices received for payment and for undertaking the payment of all vendors in an accurate, efficient and timely manner. The Accounting Specialist will also undertake a variety of financial and non-financial tasks to support the goals and objectives of the Accounting department, and contribute to the team effort of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following reflects management's definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, coding, computing, posting and recording accounts payable data
• Review, verify and code invoices, with correct codes for a cost accounting system
• Verify discrepancies and resolve vendors' billing issues
• Handle all vendor correspondence
• Reconcile credit card statements
• Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts payable status
• Generate monthly cash flow report
• Manage the status of accounts and balances, and identify inconsistencies, and communicate the resolution to appropriate persons
• Maintain and update all account payable data, and ensure accuracy of coding and allocations in general ledger for a cost accounting system
• Manage and ensure vendor receives 1099 forms, including maintaining the W-9 forms
• File and maintain all accounts payable records, paid invoices and reports
• Investigate and resolve problems associated with processing of invoices
• Prepare batch check runs, enter wire transfers, and enter ACH transactions timely
• Perform audits on various expense accounts for internal use
• Work with external auditors and CPAs on annual audit, tax filing and special projects
• Deliver accurate, complete, and timely financial documents, including written analyses and reports in Excel
• Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
• Demonstrate a high level of professionalism with confidential and sensitive issues
• Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions
• Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
• Accounting, Finance or Business Administration certification, Bachelor/Associate's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration preferred
• 3-5 years of accounting/bookkeeping/finance experience required
• Knowledge and experience working with Cost Accounting Software highly preferred
Other Desired Skills and Abilities:
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Ability to relate well with others and establish positive working relations; cooperative and collaborative; "team player"
• Ability to achieve understanding and exchange of ideas through effective listening and clear timely communications, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to independently set priorities, performs job duties in an orderly fashion, and complete job duties with efficiency
• By analyzing and comparing information or circumstances, consistently chooses courses of action, which result in beneficial outcomes to organization
• Ability to demonstrate overall outlook that is positive, open, and supportive of others
• Ability to "self-start" without supervision; self-reliance, energy and resourcefulness
• Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and generally accepted accounting principles
• Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
• Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
• Ability to read and interpret documents that are at times highly complex relating to financial matters
• Must have strong analytical and problem solving abilities
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
• Proficiency with computer applications such as MS Office: Outlook, Excel and Word
• Proficiency with learning accounting software
• Expertise with software system implementation beneficial
Salary commensurate with experience