Bottling Manager – You Can’t Cork Enthusiasm
At Fetzer Vineyards, we believe that providing quality products is not just what we do, it is who we are. Although your business card may say Bottling Manager, you are an inspiring leader, people developer and sought after problem solver. While your daily world includes overseeing the efficient movement of millions of cases, bottles and corks, your enthusiasm for exceeding the utmost in quality can’t be contained.
A Case for Leadership
• Reporting to the Director of Production, you will manage the overall production readiness, execution and case delivery within our high speed (260 BPM) multi-line production environment where we produce nearly 3 million cases annually and over 350 wine SKUs.
• Through effective leadership, you will inspire and develop direct reports including experienced and creative team coaches and subsequent team of over 40 production team members who are capable of meeting the challenges of a rapidly changing business and just-in-time ISO 9001/2008 production environment. Two of our lines were recently converted to bulk glass in ongoing efforts to increase efficiency and meet environmentally friendly initiatives.
• By driving a behavioral safety culture, both employee and consumer, you ensure compliance to all safety and regulatory requirements and activities in support of our Food Safety program.
• You actively work with planning to ensure high service levels and Produce to Plan targets are met for the bottling of brands including: Fetzer, Anthony’s Hill, Bonterra, Adorada, Little Black Dress, Jekel, 1000 Stories, Sanctuary and more.
The person: You have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive on rapid change and growth challenges. While you don’t have to know the wine industry, you do need a strong history of developing people within a manufacturing or production related environment such as – food/beverage, pharma, med device, automotive, etc. You value knowing what is happening in the entire operation and how your team relates to the overall organization therefore you maintain informative and productive relationships with Production, Supply Chain, Short-term Planning, Production Maintenance, Safety, Marketing, Cellar Operations, Quality, Compliance, Finance, Procurement and outside vendors. You are seeking a company that aligns with your personal values of putting more back into the world than is taken out; therefore you are eager to engineer sustainability and safety initiatives into all activities. Being bilingual in English/Spanish, would be a huge advantage in this role.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Engineering, Science, Food Technology or related field and a minimum seven years related experience in manufacturing management or equivalent education/experience combination.
• Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft programs such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint; prior experience with purchasing programs, SAP experience preferred.
• Proven management experience to lead diverse groups of employees.
• Detail oriented; deadline driver; accountable
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. English fluency required; Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
• Highly collaborative team player with hands-on energetic approach; commitment to excellence.
The company: Founded in 1968 by Barney Fetzer in Mendocino County, California, Fetzer Vineyards is an award-winning purveyor of wines from sustainable, organic and biodynamic grapes. In addition to robust offerings under the winery’s flagship Fetzer label, the winery also crafts the leading wine from organic grapes, Bonterra Organic Vineyards, named the 2016 American Winery of the Year by Wine Enthusiast magazine. Other California-based offerings include Adorada, Anthony’s Hill, Jekel Vineyards, Sanctuary Wines and 1000 Stories, a Bourbon barrel aged Zinfandel recognized as a 2017 IMPACT Hot Prospect brand. Part of global winery Viña Concha y Toro, Fetzer Vineyards exports its diverse wines to more than 30 countries worldwide. Most recently, the winery entered the ultra-luxury wine and spirits category by forging a partnership with Kentucky Peerless Distilling Co. to sell is historic craft rye whiskey.
Our multi-site California winery operation includes 1000 acres of farmed vineyards and nearly 3 million cases produced annually. Operations include Mendocino County winery, production and vineyard locations. The company employs almost 300 across the United States.
Our corporate office is located at 12901 Old River Rd Hopland, CA 95449. Hopland is a small town of less than 800 people located at the start of the Redwoods of Northern California. It is about a two hour drive, along scenic U.S. Route 101, north of San Francisco.
To apply: Tell us about your passion for the wine industry and send your resume to: http://FetzerVineyards.appone.com. Requires successful completion of criminal background, DMV check (if applicable) and drug screen. AA/EOE/M/F/D/V You will be required to submit verification of your citizenship or legal right to work in the United States at the time of an offer of employment.
Based in Santiago, Chile, our parent company, Viña Concha y Toro, occupies an outstanding position among the world’s most important wine companies. With consolidated sales in 2016 of nearly USD $1 billion and more than 36 million cases sold globally, the publicly traded company shows the strength of its business model and international leadership, with a presence in over 140 countries.