WineTalent is working with our client, Long Meadow Ranch, on an Accounting Manager position.
Long Meadow Ranch is a family owned and operated producer and purveyor of world-class wine and food that is economically successful and socially responsible using diversified, sustainable, and organic farming methods. We produce award-winning wines, handcrafted extra virgin olive oils, grass-fed beef, eggs, and heirloom fruits and vegetables.
Long Meadow Ranch has a unique opportunity for an Accounting Manager to join our administration to provide quality customer service to our ranch and winery management team, our business partners, our customers and our vendors. Reporting to the Controller, the Accounting Manager will be responsible for review and forecasting of cash flow, implementation and monitoring of policies and procedures, recommendations for continuous improvement, and general accounting functions for Long Meadow Ranch Partners, L.P. and LMR Wine Estates LLC in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. This position requires ethical conduct and thoroughness, along with critical thinking, attention to detail and time management.
The Accounting Manager will follow generally accepted accounting practices, adhering to the policies and procedures set forth by the company.
• Maintain a comprehensive set of accounting policies and procedures.
• Prepare journal entries and perform reconciliations in support of monthly and year-end close.
• Manage daily accounting tasks including: accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, bank reconciliations, and daily banking tasks.
• Supervise farm production periodic inventory counts and maintain perpetual inventory system for non-financial inventory reporting (tons/lbs/etc).
• Assist with the budget/reforecasting and cash forecasting processes. Approve and monitor billing activity as processed by the Accounts Payable Specialist. Ensure accuracy of accounts payable coding and work with appropriate departmental manager if billed incorrectly. Record overhead allocations as needed.
• Ensure accuracy and completeness of LMR Wine Estates LLC direct-to-consumer sales in financial accounting software, reconciling monthly.
• Record royalty revenue and other intercompany accounting transactions as deemed necessary.
• Monitor, track and report on all required external compliance for Ranch entity, including organic certifications, water system compliance, etc.
• Participate as a team member on key business initiatives, including cost accounting, workflow management, and customer correspondence protocol.
• Evaluate, recommend and implement policies, procedures and systems related to company efficiency, productivity and internal controls.
• Solicit and act on feedback from manager, peers, and other business partners. Contribute ideas, energy, enthusiasm and support to the continuous improvement of the process.
• Other duties as required.
Education, Experience and Requirements
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in general ledger accounting practices
• Wine or consumer beverage product accounting experience required
• Farming and livestock specific accounting experience, a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related discipline
• In-depth knowledge of Accounting Software including QuickBooks
• Experience with Targit or similar sales and depletion reporting software
• Experience with ecommerce and POS systems, WineDirect preferred
• Proficient in MS Office including PowerPoint with advanced MS Excel skills
• Sharp attention to detail with good oral and written communication skills
• Able to work in a team environment as well as operate independently
• Able to lift 40+ lbs
• Valid driver’s license and maintain a safe driving record
• A pre-employment background check is required
Compensation and Benefits
• This is a full-time, salaried position.
• Competitive compensation depending on experience plus benefits including medical/dental insurance, paid vacation and 401(k).