National wine distribution warehouse located in Napa is looking for an experienced Distribution Center Manager with at least 5 years management experience in warehouse environment. We are looking for a dynamic leader who leads by example with proven track record. In this position, the Distribution Center Manager will perform a variety of strategic and tactical functions to ensure the timely distribution of materials, effective inventory management, efficient labor plan, freight loading/scheduling, storage planning, and all other controllable cost associated with managing the Distribution Center. The ideal candidate for this position will be a motivated self-starter with a proven track record of excellence and collaborative leadership. Must have the ability to develop a strong team and manage all aspects of a high-growth fast paced Distribution Center.
- Responsible for planning, organizing and managing the day-to-day operations and functions.
- Hire, train, mentor and perform employee evaluations
- Manage permanent and temporary staff as needed
- Communicate job expectations, including day-to-day duties, and side projects
- Coordinate side projects as needed
- Conduct hiring, training and orientation for new or existing staff
- Monitor performances, recommend promotions, recommend disciplinary actions
- Administer company policies and procedures
- Help improve overall efficiency, workflow and production
- Document any staff mistakes or other issues, and implement corrective actions
- Needs to be effective "hands-on” manager in shipping and receiving, restocking, and pick and pack process.
- Intimate knowledge of Warehouse Management (WMS) and barcoding systems to transition Company to barcode shipping
- Negotiate with vendors to assure best pricing on all materials.
- Must be able to manage and maintain PO’s and inventory reports.
- Oversee all inbound/outbound parcels, shipment carriers
- Ensure warehouse operations are in full compliance with OSHA requirements
- Oversee highly accurate inventory and cycle counts
- Provide logistical management and insight
- Analyze current procedures and contribute new ideas to improve productivity and efficiencies
- Identify the causes of product losses and take corrective action
- Oversee to ensure deliveries are made smoothly by working with personnel and drivers
- Responsible for inventory control procedures that attains 100% inventory accuracy at all times
- Manage auditable records including but not limited to packing slips, pick lists, WMS systems, safety audits, etc., ensuring documents are easily retrievable and accurate.
- Meet or exceed spend targets as it relates to variable and fixed costs for the facility, labor management, and warehouse supplies
- Manage load planning, and ensure compliance with legal/ risk management requirements and without impacting internal customer service
- Metric achievement responsibility - processes and procedures implementation and actions to achieve all metrics
- Highly organized
- Strong leadership, time management and communication skills
- Computer skills including use of Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- 5+ years’ experience in a management capacity leading a production operations or order fulfillment team
- Skilled with Warehouse Management (WMS) and barcoding systems
- Ability to lift 50-100 lbs.
- Forklift Certified
- Proven strength to make sound decisions and manage multiple processes in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility with hours – some weekends and overtime required
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize fast-paced, growing environment
- Strong customer orientation and problem-solving skills
- Bachelors degree highly preferred
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is based upon experience. The company offers health, dental and vision care along with a 401k plan.
Please reply to this posting and attach your resume as a PDF. Please include a letter of introduction which includes your salary history and expectations. Applicants without a cover letter will not be considered.