Peju Province Winery is a family owned and operated boutique winery that has been a landmark in the Napa Valley for 25 years and is growing rapidly. We use organically farmed local fruit from our sustainable vineyards to produce a hand crafted blend of perfect wine. At Peju Province Winery we are committed to protecting the environment through our sustainable farming practices, harvesting the sun to operate our winery and finding great people to work in our family business.
Reporting to the Controller, this position leads leading inventory control, general ledger and financial reporting. This position ensures accuracy and timeliness is consistently met and is responsible for performing specialized calculations, developing company processes, and creating reports that contribute to the effective operation and success of the company. The Finance department operates as a customer service and support unit for other departments in the company.
• Facilitate month end and year end close procedures.
• Analyze revenues, commissions and expenses to ensure proper recording.
• Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets according to schedule. Prepare monthly reports that compare budgeted costs to actual cost.
• Prepare and reconcile all entries for Peju Winery and its entities.
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
• Maintain and protect information confidential and proprietary at all times.
• All other duties and projects to support the functions of the Finance Department.
INVENTORY CONTROL & RECONCILIATION
• Develop, maintain, and analyze fixed asset inventory, preparing periodic reports that compare to actual asset inventory.
• Establish and maintain property, barrel and inventory records.
• Track, reconcile and record transfers/additions to any inventory movement (shipping, trucking, bottling) including no charges.
• Input, manage and adjust monthly physical inventory counts to accounting system.
• Assist department managers in reconciliation of monthly inventory variances.
• Track transfers from different bond locations and reconcile to third party shippers.
• Prepare monthly inventory variance reports for distribution to management.
• All other tasks and projects to reconcile assets of the Company.
• Perform month-end close process including input of adjusting and closing GL entries and monthly account reconciliations.
• Review and analyze proposed journal entries, accounting classifications, records and reports to ensure the reasonableness of financial results.
• Assist in the annual budgeting process, including the creation of support schedules and the analysis and reporting of budget-to-actual variances.
• Maintain, reconcile and analyze balance sheet and department ledgers.
• Determine cost of goods sold and inventory balances.
• Reconcile bank accounts.
• Calculation monthly depreciation and amortization.
• Organize and maintain month end close and support documents in a structured manner, ensuring all necessary documents are kept according to record retention policies.
• Assist in documenting, developing and maintaining policies and procedures associated with the general ledger and monthly close process, including recommendations for process enhancements to policies and procedures and reliable internal controls.
• Assist in year-end closing process.
• Knowledge AMS financial system
• Winery accounting experience
• Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent skills and experience
• Two years of general ledger accounting experience
• Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
• Ability to interpret accounting data, analyze reports and implement actions
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to meet assigned deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to build and enhance internal and external customer relationships
• Ability to solve problems in a creative manner
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, and Access
• Ability to learn new systems and procedures