Location: Chicago, IL
Position Title: Division Wine Manager
Reports To: Brand Integration Director & Division Portfolio Manager
Responsible for division level sales and marketing leadership, profit and volume delivery for the wine brands portfolio; Korbel Champagne, Korbel Brandy and Sonoma-Cutrer Vineyards.
• Serves as the division sales and marketing lead for Sonoma-Cutrer and Korbel Champagne and Brandy.
• Provides brand championship with trade including training and in-field activities.
• Leads planning process for Wine brands across the division by collaborating with key territory and state sales leads.
• Directs brand strategy, establishing brand priorities and partnering on oversight and implementation.
• Is fully immersed in the brands’ wineries, homeplaces and production operations. Hosts winemaker visits/events, and attends key planning and training sessions at the wineries.
• Analyzes brand/market performance metrics and recommends plans to improve.
• Where wine brands are represented by a separate distributor, or by a different house within the same distributor, serves as either the primary contact for Brown-Forman or partners with the local B-F sales team.
• Compiles and communicates category, brand and competitive insights.
• Leads/directs consumer-facing events and executions including brand- and market-sponsored events and wine tastings.
• Plans local media, digital, PR and other local marketing investment.
• Partners with market leaders in managing key portfolio development activities and localizing the brand’s national initiatives. Includes division-wide and local market planning/programming and investment, pricing guidance, distribution objectives, distributor incentives, multicultural programs, product/package allocations, limited-production requests, etc.
• Partners with the local team in implementation and execution of B-F brand and business plans with distributors, holding them accountable for results via the SEE/TPS process.
• Monitors and measures performance against the wine portfolio objectives.
• Oversees wine and brand training activity for B-F, distributor and trade partners.
• Aids in management of distributor investment funds where available.
• Partners with NAM/CAM/DRM (chain account) network to ensure that national & regional accounts are effectively managed for the wine brands.
• Where assigned, manages regional wine-only accounts.
• Has a deep working knowledge of the largest metro areas in the division. Within footprint markets, acts as B-F’s key contact for a defined list of ‘lighthouse’ wine accounts. Conducts distributor work-withs as required.
• Represents division in the Wine Group’s annual brand planning process.
Must have Requirements:
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree plus 5-7 years sales and/or marketing experience, or 10+ years of relevant experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge of on- and off-premise channels and three-tier distribution system.
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships and maintain effective working relationships with top level decision makers, distributors and all internal stakeholders.
• Wine category knowledge and training – CSW or WSET preferred.
• Ability to analyze and translate insights data.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically.
• Demonstrated understanding of distributor management and the ability to manage people at a high level in organizations.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, Excel. Social media marketing experience is preferred.
• Ability to work independently with little supervision; self-motivated.
• High level of wine/spirit industry and product knowledge.
• Excellent oral, analytical and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational and planning skills.
• Ability and willingness to maintain flexible work schedules, as some weekend and extended workdays are necessary.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Ability and willingness to travel 35-40% of the time, including some weekends