V2 Wine Group, the Fine Wine Division, of Delicato Family Vineyards, has an exciting immediate career opportunity for Mid-west Region Manager located in the Chicago area. This position is responsible for V2 fine wine sales business in Illinois, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, and Nebraska and is based in the Chicago, Illinois area. V2's mission is to help Family Wineries achieve their goals in North America by driving their business through the challenging 3-tier system. Delicato is a California-based family-owned, family-run, fourth generation wine company with National and International wine sales.
* Responsible for business in Illinois, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska
* Achieve annual regional shipment, depletion and profitability goals.
* Responsible for establishing and maintaining a strong relationship with all levels of distributor management personnel....providing clear goals and keeping management on track.
* Continually develop and maintain strong relationships with key accounts.
* Maintain communication channel with Sales and Marketing within the V2 Wine Group organization.
* Establish distributor sales and distribution goals by channel.
* Create and manage distributor programming, pricing and promotional budgets.
* Regularly review distributor inventory, shipments and depletions.
* Conduct formal distributor business reviews.
* Conduct wine tastings, customer and trade wine education events.
* Regularly analyze sales to seek sales opportunities or develop solutions.
* Work with A/R to manage accounts receivable for each distributor.
* Develop annual regional business plans and operating budgets.
* Review monthly budget reports for accuracy.
* Manage travel and entertainment budget.
* Provide monthly written regional market and industry updates.
* Support distributor sales efforts in the trade through market field sales work.
* Conduct distributor sales and education meetings as appropriate.
* Must Live in Chicago Area.
* 10 years industry related sales and marketing experience working in each of the following companiesExperience working for a distributor
* Experience working for a large supplier
* Experience working for a small winery
* Thorough knowledge of the wine industry, including: competitive brands, sales and market trends, viticultural and vinification practices and channel marketing.
* Proven record of successful sales and brand development.
* Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of distributor management and sales.
* B.S. or B.A. degree.
* Proficiency with basic computer software and functions: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet, BDN reporting software.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills including public speaking and negotiating.
* Excellent leadership, time management and organizational skills.
* Willingness to work and flourish in a team environment.
Delicato offers its employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts & many more.