Please follow this link to apply on our company website:
The Tasting Room Manager will be responsible for leading the team on both daily operational functions while also focusing on the financial, promotional and club acquisitions targets and achieving all metrics of the Trinitas Cellars Tasting Room. S/he will guide the team to create excellence in guest service, while driving for results and achieving maximum performance across all areas of the Tasting Room. The Tasting Room Manager will report to the Direct to Consumer Director with collaborative supervision from the Proprietor & CEO.
• Responsible for achieving monthly and annual tasting room sales, revenue and club acquisition goals. Also, other defined metrics that will be reviewed and provided (AOV, etc.).
• Provide leadership, direction and information to staff to foster a productive, efficient and positive work environment. Model the behavior that is expected from tasting room staff.
• Tasting room staff management. Responsibilities include training employees, employee scheduling, managing and mitigating overtime, assigning/directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving conflicts.
• Ensure staff is trained on appropriate sales techniques, current promotions, club offerings.
• Educate staff with the latest information regarding wines, new releases, product availability, awards, press reviews.
• Manage wine and merchandise inventory, communicate ordering needs within timeline for replenishment, invoice processing, etc. to ensure check and balances and to stay within budget.
• Maintain strong communication with winery owners and management team related to the tasting room goals and objectives.
• Monitor daily sales goals, visitor volume and revenues through budget preparation and review.
• Develop and oversee customer service procedures, opening and closing procedures, point of sales system, safety, and housekeeping. Ensure standard operating procedures are established and maintained.
• Ensure tasting room and inventory areas are clean, neat, and stocked at all times; ensure that displays of wine and non-wine products in tasting room are attractive and maintained.
• Ensure all necessary supplies for tasting room operation are sourced and purchased.
• Actively assist in ongoing marketing efforts.
• Develop incentives, sales promotions weekly that help drive additional incremental sales and Wine Club Acquisitions.
• Work the tasting bar and Library with the tasting room team.
• Delegate tasks to the tasting room team to ensure efficient and speedy completion.
• Schedule and lead weekly staff meetings in collaboration with the Asssitant Tasting Room Manager and the Director of Direct to Consumer. Attend hotel weekly meetings as assigned.
• Ongoing training of current staff members, hiring of new team members and disciplinary management of all team members. Consult with Human Resources for support as needed.
• Monitoring, coaching and training to ensure all team members’ maximum performance is achieved.
• Attend DTC Management Team Meetings and collaborate on Team Projects.
• In partnership with the Experience Manager continually communicate with the hotel (concierges, front desk, pertinent managers, marketing manager, etc.) and keep them up to date with what is going on in tasting room, what offerings and specials we have, and continually making sure they are referring business.
• Assist with executing the Group Business. This would include set-up, staffing and sales at the event.
• Driving additional guest traffic to our Library and other experiences to increase our total visitor count. Manage the team to ensure they are all trained on the experiences and are able to sell to the expected AOV for the experience.
• Host, execute on all tasting staff on all experiences. Be able to lead all experiences individually.
• Manage merchandising ordering, display, inventory levels and sales performance.
• Cross-training of all team members to assist and support other departments (Wine Club, Marketing, etc.) as needed.
• Partner with the Experience Manager role to assist with hosting visitors, communicating with staff about the referral programs and develop offerings together to benefit the business, provide a high level of customer experiences and make them executable for the team.
Experience and Qualifications
• 2+ years of experience in a managerial role is required; those with winery, restaurant or hotel experience will be preferred. Prior sales experience is highly desired.
• Must have prior experience leading a team; must be able to demonstrate a prior track record of achieving goals and developing motivational plans for staff to achieve sales goals.
• Superior wine knowledge is required.
• Must be computer proficient with expertise in MS Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint; prior experience with POS and inventory systems is required.
• Prior exposure with marketing, merchandising, budgeting, and forecasting required.
• High energy; able to physically work in an environment where you are standing/walking for several hours at a time.
• Physically able to lift in excess of 50+/- lbs.
• Excellent communication skills with fluency in English required. Those with additional language abilities will be preferred.
• Must be 21 years of age to work in the tasting room per California law.
Each of the items listed is considered an essential function of the position. However, the duties, responsibilities and requirements presented in this job description are intended to be broad based and high level and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all roles or responsibilities for the position. The Company reserves the right to reasonably alter the duties and responsibilities of the position.