Precept Wine is the largest privately owned wine company in the Northwest. We’re seamlessly integrated to run our own vineyards, wineries and world-class tasting rooms. Currently we are looking for the best and brightest to fill an immediate opening for a Tasting Room Associate at our Browne Family Vineyards Tasting room in Pioneer Square, Downtown Seattle. The Tasting Room Associate reports directly to the Tasting Room Manager.
The Tasting Room Associate will consistently provide above-and-beyond customer service while employing effective selling techniques in a team environment. Meet or exceed operational standards and strengthen daily operations by working cooperatively with the Tasting Room Manager and members of the management team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
• Provide a welcoming atmosphere and unique tasting experience to all guests
• Describe wines, winemaking techniques, and winery history
• Effectively suggest and sell wine
• Encourage wine club sales and promote membership
• Communicate with a diverse clientele
• Create a memorable experience for customer
• Accurately handle routine purchasing transactions, including operating cash register and accounting of daily sales; processing returns, discounts, etc.
• Provide general tourist information and assist guests as local concierge
• Stock both wine and non-wine items
• Assist with hospitality special events
• Knowledge and maintenance of POS system
• Display sound judgment and problem solving when issues arise
• Communicate clearly, respectfully and in a timely manner with employees and manager
• Follow all company, state and federal policies and laws
Desired Skills and Requirements:
• 2 years’ customer service experience
• Hospitality driven individual
• 1 year sales experience
• Must be 21 years of age with current Washington State LCB Class 12 mixologist permit
• Wine knowledge is a plus but not required
• Demonstrated sales ability
• Ability to stand, walk, and talk for lengthy periods of time
• Flexible schedule including weekends and occasional evenings
• Ability to understand and accurately follow written and verbal instructions
• Strong problem solving skills and sound judgment
• Demonstrate strong communication skills
• Positive and engaging attitude
• Ability to lift items up to 40lbs
This position will average about 20-30 hours per week.