The San Antonio Winery and Riboli Family have maintained a major presence in the wine industry community for over 90 years. The success of our 4th generation family owned wine company is reflected in our grass-roots approach to business, endless dedication and forward-thinking.
District Manager in Northern California Bay Area
District Manager will be responsible for development, execution and success of the Maddalena Vineyard Brands portfolio & team throughout all channels of the trade in Northern Ca.
We are seeking a driven and passionate District Manager to join our sales team in Northern Ca. This role you'll coach and motivate a sales team in driving brand standards and analyzing our overall chain and independent business while identifying additional and innovative ways to increase points of distribution in both the on premise and off premise channels.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Reporting to Western Regional Manager.
• Will help foster the continued the growth in Nor Cal.
o Work with the sales team on a consistent basis. (75 % of the time)
• Train & mentor sales reps.
• Be the extra set of eyes in each territory to spot opportunities.
• Monitor & implement sales rep reports.
• Track sales progress.
o Help w/ Nor Cal independent chains.
o Prospecting On premise accounts.
o Help monitor inventory & shipments.
o Plan & run team meetings & review’.
• Previous sales experience.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
• Knowledge of chain accounts & restaurant buyers, buying and promotional practices and operational procedures.
• Working knowledge of wine from the world’s major viticulture regions.
• Excellent presentation skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be a team player who can work well with or without supervision
• Demonstrates the ability to multi-task and respond quickly to demanding situations.
• This position requires the availability to work flexible hours and weekends, when necessary, for tastings & special events.
• Must be able to repetitively lift a minimum of 50 lbs; be able to bend, squat, climb, kneel, twist and lift repetitively.
• Successful candidate must: be at least 21 years of age; possess a current driver’s license; maintain current auto insurance coverage.
• Candidate must be willing to reside in Northern Ca Bay area.