Tasting Room Sales & Hospitality
VML winery, named after its winemaker Virginia Marie Lambrix, specializes in single vineyard and barrel select Russian River Valley pinot noir and chardonnay. We are seeking enthusiastic, passionate, adaptable and hard-working individuals.
• Friendly demeanor, strong sales history and positive attitude
• Excellent customer service and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment, anticipate guest needs and provide exceptional service.
• Ability to multi-task and demonstrate initiative.
• Must have weekend, holiday and some evening availability
• Must be 21 years of age and have professional appearance and demeanor
• Appreciates the beauty found in wine
• Ability to lift and carry up to 45-50 pounds
Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Greet all visitors in a friendly, helpful manner
• Pour and describe wines, relate wine knowledge and sell effectively
• Cares for each guest with the same upmost respect while curtailing their tasting experience to the individual
• Maximize opportunities for wine sales and new wine club memberships
• Creates an unforgettable experience for the guest
• Perform bar duties- buffing glasses, stocking wine, engaging with customers, and ringing in orders
• Shows initiative and ownership over the property & space – identifying when something needs doing, and doing it.
• Maintain wine & non-wine inventory levels in tasting room. Initiate reorder of items through manager
• Dependability, timeliness, and attention to detail.
Position reports to Wine Club & Tasting Room Manager
Start date: Immediately
Salary: Hourly + wine club & tasting room bonus’
How to apply: email resume and cover letter, please no phone calls
5610 Dry Creek Road
Healdsburg, CA 95448