Family owned and operated for 37 years, Napa Valley’s Rombauer Vineyards seeks a dedicated and passionate Cellar Master for its Saint Helena facility. The Cellar Master’s primary role is to direct work and assign job tasks for all activities of winemaking in the cellar, as directed by the Winemakers. This person would be responsible for planning and coordinating cellar and crush processing activities, planning manpower needs, and for the training, advancement, safety and evaluation of cellar crew members.
Responsibilities also include:
• Providing leadership
• Interviewing and recommending hiring
• Ensuring team knowledge is current and continually improving
• Creating schedules, monitoring timecards and completing payroll requirements
• Routinely monitoring for high levels of safety, work standards, and cleanliness
• Ensuring all winemaking equipment is in excellent working condition
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• High School Diploma or GED
• 5 to 10 years’ experience
• Fluent English and Spanish speaker
• Demonstrated experience working in the cellar and with winemaking equipment
• Demonstrated management experience, including excellent collaboration and team building skills
• High level of effective written and verbal communications
• Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
• Excellent ability to work with and for a diverse group of people
Preferred Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree
This position requires regular standing and walking. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. In addition, the employee is required to spend considerable time in confined or cramped spaces.
An employment offer is conditional until such time you have successfully completed and passed a pre-employment physical examination, drug screening and verification of a valid state driver’s license with a clean driving record with no suspensions or revocations conducted at the request of and paid for by Rombauer Vineyards.
Rombauer Vineyards offers competitive salary and a generous benefits package, as well as a positive work environment where team members are devoted to producing the highest quality wines. Come join our team staff and become a part of our family!