We are looking to hire a retail assistant for our brick-and-mortar spirits and wine shop in DUMBO, Brooklyn, The ideal candidate is smart, organized, hard-working, eager, and passionate about indie spirits (and food!).
This is a part-time position (commitment of ~25-30 hours a week) during afternoon + evening hours. Please note weekend availability is a must. This can develop into a full time position with the right candidate.
- Assisting customers and filling orders.
- Providing excellent customer service, which includes learning about a wide range of spirits and wine.
- Opening and closing.
- Keeping the storefront neat and clean.
- Stocking and restocking product (lifting heavy boxes of product).
- Standing for several hours at a time.
- Assisting with admin duties.
- Other job-related activities as requested.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has previous experience in a retail or service setting.
- Is passionate and/or knowledgeable about American spirits and wine.
- Is friendly and personable with both customers and co-workers.
- Is a self-starter and excited about learning.
Employees will have the opportunity to learn about a wide range of spirits and wine as well as attend occasional wine and spirits tastings and industry events.