Responsible for the daily supervision of multiple operational vineyards, including budgeting responsibility and determining the most effective use of personnel and equipment in order to meet quality standards.
• Supervises vineyard personnel.
• Direct and schedule overall daily activities of personnel and equipment including: irrigation, fertilization, tractor activities, spraying and harvesting.
• Conduct necessary meetings in order to effectively communicate work priorities to vineyard personnel.
• Visit vineyards routinely to oversee progress and quality of work performed by vineyard personnel.
• Complete weekly reports to owners for equipment and personnel usage.
• Keep owners abreast of vineyard activities on a daily basis.
• Interface with Human Resources to assist in planning and scheduling training (i.e.: safety, etc.)
• Review spray/irrigation programs with Vit Dept. in order to make final decisions.
• Oversee and review adherence to budgets.
• Oversee pricing and delivery of materials for: spray programs, fertilizers, stake & wire, and equipment.
• Work closely with vendors and external organizations such as: pump and irrigation companies, Ag Commissioners Office and VESCO.
• Work closely with owner to schedule grape deliveries to wineries during harvest.
• Attend industry functions and events such as wine tastings, association meetings etc.
• This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• Someone who approaches their job with an ownership mentality with the ability to see the big picture and forecast future needs.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills and the ability to communicate with different personalities.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Good computer skills with the ability to develop spreadsheets using Excel.
• 8-10 yrs experience – Vineyard Management
• Degree in Viticulture and/or Ag Business preferred
• Bilingual – Spanish a plus
• PCA License preferred